• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Just When I Needed You Most

Dairy Queen:

"September Morn" Neil Diamond
"I'll Never Love This Way Again" Dionne Warwick
"Tell Him" Barbra Streisand and Celine Dion
"Just When I Needed You Most" Randy VanWarmer

When I got my order I asked the waitress where that music was coming from. She said there were speakers in the ceiling. No, I meant where was it coming from. She said in the back. No, where was it coming from. She said a radio. I said I had never heard a station like that (I meant recently). She said satellite radio, Sirius.

I know they had Movin' Easy before the merger, but they dropped that and were going to change Escape to reach the other format's audience. Then subscribers complained about the new Escape, and the man in charge of Escape, Marlin Taylor, also objected.

Yep I'd bet it was Sirius-XM Love. About as close to a '90's Soft A/C as you can get. Another channel they have no respect for. Last weekend they pre-empted it for something called "Velvet" not bad but "Love" is better!

Maybe they had Muzak and she just said Sirius.

I have to agree though, if it was Sirius, it was likely 'Love'.

The lack of a normal, good AC on that service is one reason why I didn't renew. Just not worth it.

I thought Sunny was more like Muzak's FM1. I guarantee you this was nothing like that because the music was GOOD.

I suspect it was Sirius because I've been in there in the past and heard a DJ say it was 80s on 8. Which wasn't as bad as I would have thought it would be.

Maybe they had Muzak and she just said Sirius.

I have to agree though, if it was Sirius, it was likely 'Love'.

The lack of a normal, good AC on that service is one reason why I didn't renew. Just not worth it.
I was back at that same Dairy Queen and actually heard a station ID. It was "The Blend" and they asked listeners to comment on the music. I heard "What About Love" first and the second song wasn't much better. Those are my comments.

So obviously they have Sirius/XM. And I have been in there when they had the 80s channel on.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom