• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WGBR - Happy Birthday

WGBR, Goldsboro is celebrating 75 years of service. I'm not connected with them in any way, so this is not a plug... just want to congratulate the folks for carrying the flag for full service, local radio. Many great talents have done duty over the decades on 1150, and it's great that the current owners recognize the heritage of WGBR. To the hard working folks out on Hwy 70 West I say Happy Birthday to Goldsboro's very own.

Well, I was, briefly, connected with them (do they still call the parking lot Lake Vassey when it rains?), so let me add my congratulations as well

Happy Birthday to WGBR in Goldsboro!, many broadcasters have worked their over the years like Johnny Hood, Vassie Balkcum, and Wayne Alley, just to name a few, they have survived 75 years of changes in radio, and still serves Wayne County with News, Talk, and Information, and i wish them many more years on the air.

Well, I was, briefly, connected with them (do they still call the parking lot Lake Vassey when it rains?), so let me add my congratulations as well
Several years ago, the station moved down the street to make way for the new I-795 highway. The long-time location of WGBR (and Lake Vassey) is now an on-ramp.

The WGBR transmitter site also moved, now co-located with the WFMC site a few miles down Highway 117. That site is in a low-lying area with a tendency to flood, so maybe Lake Vassey just picked up and moved south a bit :)

Think That Building was bulit around the 1940'S??

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom