• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

wlyn 1360 am

U

Unregistered

what's up with wlyn @ night. I don't listen to them. I just bypass the station when tuning into abother station. I noticed they've been off the air at night, around 10pm. It was back on around just after midnight. Any news with them?

with that flame throwing 76 watts that barely covers the city of license ( it can't be heard at their Woburn studio over the air) how could you tell it was off the air?

If a tree falls in the forest....

I can assure you that WLYN is, indeed, alive and well! We occasionally run an audio stream, during unsold time, that comes to us over the internet. That stream has had several problems lately - from their end - resulting in some periods of dead air. Beginning at midnight, we repeat some of our live programs that aired earlier. As WLYN is now
exclusively broadcast in Brazilian Portuguese, the nighttime signal will still reach a substantial percentage of the local Brazilian population, as they tend to be clustered near Lynn. As always, WLYN and WAZN are available online 24/7. Thanks for your interest, though! :eek:)

For those who are interested in such things: the stream comes to us via a Barix box, from one of our customers. Yesterday afternoon, I greatly increased the buffering time on our receiving end. So far, it appears that the issue has been resolved...My fingers are crossed...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom