• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WUTF-66.2 and 66.3 off the air but 66.1 still transmitting.

mysticnitekatt

Frequent Participant
A Few hours now, Bounce (66.2) and GetTV (66.3) have been dark, and "no signal" has been displaying on my DTV box, but 66.1 (Unimas) is coming in 5-by-5.

Any word what is going on? Technical issues? Facility Work? Addition additional sub-channels? or Goodness forbid, taking them off for different channels (Grit & Escape)

same here

same here in Medford, Ma. I hope those channels come back on, especially (Get TV)

A Few hours now, Bounce (66.2) and GetTV (66.3) have been dark, and "no signal" has been displaying on my DTV box, but 66.1 (Unimas) is coming in 5-by-5.

Any word what is going on? Technical issues? Facility Work? Addition additional sub-channels? or Goodness forbid, taking them off for different channels (Grit & Escape)

It's been that for 2 or 3 days. Just tried it now and 66-3 / GetTV was there briefly but changing to 66-2 caused the TV to display 27-2 and then lose the presets for both 66-2 and 66-3. About the same effect on a DTV converter. They must have a problem with the PSIP encoder.

It's been that for 2 or 3 days. Just tried it now and 66-3 / GetTV was there briefly but changing to 66-2 caused the TV to display 27-2 and then lose the presets for both 66-2 and 66-3. About the same effect on a DTV converter. They must have a problem with the PSIP encoder.

Even stranger today. 66-1 is fine on the TV, but the DTV box has no audio on 66-1...

Very odd... WUTF's Bounce 66.2 and GetTV 66.3 are back on the air - but are scanning as being 27.2 and 27.3 - BUT the signal strength and antenna position is the same was WUTF and NOT WUNI! This is the first time I've ever seen this happen - looks like they kept WUTF 66.2/66.3 on the same transmitter and didn't move them over to WUNI's transmitter! (who's transmitter is further from Boston)

Very odd... WUTF's Bounce 66.2 and GetTV 66.3 are back on the air - but are scanning as being 27.2 and 27.3 - BUT the signal strength and antenna position is the same was WUTF and NOT WUNI! This is the first time I've ever seen this happen - looks like they kept WUTF 66.2/66.3 on the same transmitter and didn't move them over to WUNI's transmitter! (who's transmitter is further from Boston)

The actual broadcast channel for WUTF (and it's subchannels 66-1, 66-2, and 66-3) is ch 27.
The actual broadcast channel for WUNI (and it's subchannels 27-1 and 27-2) is ch 29.

Therefore if the PSIP data, which normally tells the TV what to display, is missing on corrupted, the TV makes it's best guess as to the channel. It's interesting that different TV's and DTV boxes default to different info, and that it blocks the audio on some.

So the real channel hasn't changed, but the displayed numbers have.

Except that there's still a strong signal reading for 66.2 and 66.3 even after a re-scan although there's no programming being fed out.

I'm wondering if the possible addition of Grit & Escape on one of the two channels might be a factor

Except that there's still a strong signal reading for 66.2 and 66.3 even after a re-scan although there's no programming being fed out.

I'm wondering if the possible addition of Grit & Escape on one of the two channels might be a factor

Tonight on a Samsung TV and Zenith DTV box - I see no 66's at all. 27-1 and 27-2 are normal. Then there is a second 27-2 that is Bounce, and 27-3 is GetTV. No UniMas at all.

It appears all is fixed now. 27-1 is WUNI / Univision and 27-2 is LATV. 66-1 is WUTF / UniMas, 66-2 is Bounce, and 66-3 is GetTV. The only thing that is missing is the program guide data, which may not update quickly.

WUTF has added another subchannel – 66-4. This is running a loop of movie previews for the new Escape network. Escape is being promoted as a network for women, and is supposed to have a companion channel for men, called Grit, not currently present on 66. Very likely the previous technical glitches were due to preparation for this.

WUTF has added another subchannel – 66-4. This is running a loop of movie previews for the new Escape network. Escape is being promoted as a network for women, and is supposed to have a companion channel for men, called Grit, not currently present on 66. Very likely the previous technical glitches were due to preparation for this.

...and now the bitrate quality has dropped on 66.3/GetTV! Not as bad as THIS WHDH/7 was for a couple of years, but noticeable.

...and now the bitrate quality has dropped on 66.3/GetTV! Not as bad as THIS WHDH/7 was for a couple of years, but noticeable.

That might be why they did not also add Grit, the "partner" channel to Escape. WLNE Providence has added both of them as their only subchannels, having dropped LiveWell.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom