• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Outright Selling Non-Commercial FM Broadcast Licenses

I realize that a non-commercial radio station can be sold, however I also know that the license can not. It can be transferred but not sold (the license). Does anyone know the FCC rule that deals with this issue? Trying to find the actual rule.

Thanks for the help!

I realize that a non-commercial radio station can be sold, however I also know that the license can not. It can be transferred but not sold (the license).

I'm still thinking about that quote. That gets close to "semantic hair-splitting. Is there really a difference between trasfer and sell? Maybe the first person to present and quote the rule you are looking for can help us understand the difference.... if there is one.

Does anyone know the FCC rule that deals with this issue? Trying to find the actual rule.

I can't take the time this morning to locate the rule. The next question is: would the rule be identical for a "non-com" (full power?) and the LPFM stations which seem to have rules worded a bit differently than other non-coms in some cases. Maybe later today or tomorrow I can browse the rules.... but I'm rusty and that may take some time for me. (I hope some well-versed speed demon answers the question for both of us.)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom