• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

ReelRadio needs different kind of help

similia40

New Participating Member
Have folks here been keeping up with the recent news that RIAA expects ReelRadio to either

(1) quit carrying unscoped airchecks, as they apparently violate whatever licence they have with SoundExchange; or
(2) package some airchecks in a way that makes them less interactive, as that also violates licence terms; or
(3) start looking for people in (A) the record industry and (B) the current radio industry with whom to negotiate different licence terms, and/or to give a nonprofit a ____ing break?

dale LATIMER

Is the supposed problem that Reelradio doesn't pay royalty fees for the songs on unscoped airchecks? If so, it's too bad the industry can't just overlook it, given that it's non-profit. First, I imagine the number of people streaming Reelradio is pretty negligible in the overall scheme of things. Second, for what it's worth, I have downloaded and paid for probably two dozens songs that I've heard on Reelradio, but had totally forgotten about - generally songs not heard of Classic Hits stations.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom