• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

97.7 The Brew on the air in Ashville

bobdavcav

Star Participant
I'm a little surprised this isn't up here already. My question about this now is how is WSPA's main signal in that area now?

I've heard people say WSPA never needed 97.7.

If you have HD, this is a monster signal because Kiss is airing it.

When did 99.9 Kiss add their HD signal? I get it strong here in Greenville, SC.
I don't know when, but when I read this story on the newspaper web site (not literally, since you pay if you actually read too many stories), I looked for information about the station and found out The Brew was an HD-2 channel.

If anyone in that area has actual HD, perhaps they can comment on how this format compares to Chuck.

I'm a little surprised this isn't up here already. My question about this now is how is WSPA's main signal in that area now?

In Asheville, no way! When I went to my aunt's house in Arden, NC, 5 miles from the Asheville Airport, I recieved NO SIGNAL what so ever from WSPA, I can only recieve WSPA's SD signal from WYCW 62.2. What is their translator's call letters in Asheville, and does WSPA have a translator that broadcasts to Asheville viewers? My aunt don't get CBS in a non-subchannel. Nor a Univision channel, as she dosen't have cable and there is no Univision affiliate in the GSAA/Upstate Market. She will try to get Charter, Time Warner/Comcast or satellite so she can get all channels in that area.

By the looks of my aunt, not good. We have to watch CBS/WSPA from it's sister station WYCW's 62.2 subchannel where she lives, 5-7 miles from the Asheville Airport. What is the call letters for WSPA's translator in Asheville by the way, since people that live there can't get the actual WSPA signal.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom