• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Tennessee Sports Radio to end, 1120 and 1180 to get new formats.

1180 has been sold to the owner of 1120 (who is currently doing a deep cut oldies format). They are hoping to get a translator for 1180. The brokered sports programming with Jayson Swain and Tony Bassilio has ended.

I've heard some chatter the past few days that 1180 would be returning to a local sports talk format sometime around the time of the Orange and White Game.

How many sports talk stations can this market support? We have one major college program and everyone's loyalties are divided in every other sport

So 1180 will be flipping from Sports to.... Sports. Oh yay. I was hoping for Adult Standards. I know it makes no sense to do that format given the demos, but 1120's format doesn't make sense either.

Maybe they could do hit oldies on 1180 and whatever the hell they do for collectors on 1120. Yeah that's happening. So more Volunteer Football no matter what season it is!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom