• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

87.7 KFLZ... What the heck is going on?

A

Anonymouse

It's making this terrible noise! Aircheck: http://sndup.net/fpx6
It's been doing it for over a week. Why haven't they done anything to fix it? They could at least turn the transmitter off...

Still making the buzzing noises, only buzzing and nothing else on 87-7. It's supposed to simulcast KEDA, but for at least a month it's been like that.
I've asked them what happened, but they haven't said anything. This can't be good...

It's a Claro Communications station... If any engineers are reading this, and you have some time on your hands, I suggest you fix it. Honestly KEDA is supposed to be on 102.3, as far as I know anyway, so yeah I really think they should swap 87-7's and 102-3's formats. This would get 102.3 off the hook so it can do what the license for it says. They both have roughly the same coverage, IIRC.

Last edited:
A week or more ago the audio of 87-7 got slightly better though most of the time it was unlistenable... Until very recently. Yesterday, I tuned in and it sounded good, with no funny noises. It still sounds good.
Let's hope it stays this way. I'm glad they were able to repair it! They aren't using any compression, but it's fixed now and I'm sure everyone was tired of those broken sounds. ;)

Last edited:
I don't get it. Over a week later and the KFLZ transmitter is on but still totally silent.
If you're going to have a station, use it. Put up some automation playing your 30 favorite songs. Put up someone else's station temporarily. Heck, yodel into the transmitter all day and night just for laughs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpQzPqrvbvs
Stations that do this are one of my biggest radio pet peeves, sorry. If it's equipment problems, turn the transmitter off to save power at least...

It is a Benivedes special setup... If the FCC ever enforced their laws 87.7 and 102.3 FM 1500 and 1540 AM would all cease to exist as his licenses.

KFLZ now off the air. It's been dark for a few days at least.

It's not an LPTV station

KFLZ is class A, not LPTV. It should have been off a long time ago IIRC.

Sounds like a corrupt group ?

If the FCC ever enforced their laws 87.7 and 102.3 FM 1500 and 1540 AM would all cease to exist as his licenses.

Yep and I think it's been talked about before here that this is the same individual who also owns KYRQ 90.3 here in town and leases it to a Spanish religious group . he did the same thing with 87.7 too when it was on the air .. Illegal to run both commercial and non-commercial stations like that .

Why doesn't anyone put a stop to all this corruption? there might as well be no more FCC if this will just continue !
I mean Claro may be run by decent yet ignorant folks and I have nothing at all against them. but I'm sure someone's tried to let them know how many rules they've been breaking up until now .......

LOL, sorry if last post sounds like I'm talking to myself. The post I replied to is now gone.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom