• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

I miss the old WDAS AM 1480

A

atrainradio

From early 2012- to August of last year here in Philly, we had the pleasure of finally an all motown station. Played the greats from 1960- 1975. The 4 Tops, The Temps, Wilson Pickett etc. Now the only other station I know that has the specific type of mix is WFBR 1590 down in Baltimore. I don't get, I feel like it would be a much more widespread thing, seeing as how motown was huge. It's such a great form of music!

Once WRNB switched to an old school format, 1480 switched to Smooth Jazz. WRNB doesn't go back nearly as far as WDAS did, and the format is missed. The 60's 70's format on WDAS was a much better fit than Smooth Jazz on AM.

With WOGL focusing on 70's and 80's music , and pretty much every classic hits station doing likewise, it would be nice to have a 50's 60's based format on AM. Yeah,I know demos...and nobody under 45 listens to AM anymore..but if that's the case wouldn't a traditional oldies station be a great fit for AM..especially when the station is part of a cluster. Makes sense,but that doesn't apply to radio today.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom