• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Mark Bell Joins The Game

CBS has to be disappointed in 92-9 The Game's inability to gain ratings traction. They have, however, been recently taking personnel steps in the right direction. Starting tomorrow, the popular and funny Mike Bell, in PM drive at 790 The Zone for years (with Dave Archer), will join The Game in afternoons, co-hosting with Carl Dukes. Marc James, who recently became Dukes' co-host, will shift to mornings with Randy Cross. The station is not renewing the contract of Jason Bailey, who has been in AM drive with Cross.

In a number of other markets, the CBS FM sports station is a ratings force even against music stations. Based on what we have seen with The Game so far, I'm guessing that's not going to be the case in Atlanta. That notwithstanding, the Mike Bell hire can only help The Game. In addition to being funny, Bell is more polished than the average Sports/Talk host IMHO.

I think Z93Game is going to have to get one or more sports teams' PXP besides the Hawks. UGA is safe with WSB, Georgia Tech just signed a new deal with 680, and the Braves deal with 680 has years to run. The only other possibility is the Falcons (which LFM probably won't re-up considering what they've done with 790).

I still wonder if LFM would sell CBS the remainder of the Falcons' K.

Well I must say this surprised me when I saw the headline. After reading the post I saw it was Mike and not Myself. I must have been sending out some vibes to Roddy. =)
Mark Bell (Formally with the once powerful FOX97.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom