• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Does WHJY have a new night show

P

ProvidenceListener

I listened for about 20 or so minutes after 7pm Friday. Heard new talent. A girl and a guy. Very generic tracking.

syndicated

The show is syndicated through Clear Channel. So now HJY is syndicated not local after 7. Unfortunate, but at least it is not as bad as the other Clear Channel stations (B101, Coast 93.3, 920) which are mostly internet radio, very little local programming.

I hear that it was a company edict. The station has always been local. It is a shame that such garbage is on at night, instead of Doug or Scarpetti

Embarrassingly bad

Heard part of the show. The host was in Southern California and he was promoting his new record. Clear Channel's philosophy is now affecting what was once the only station in this cluster that catered to local interests. The philosophy: Little local, nothing live, everything cheap.

They aired Nikki Six only at the end of the period of time that Charles was out. I believe it was only after Doug became PD. For most of the time that Charles was out, Scarpetti tracked nights.

The answer to the question has been partially answered: Doug and Jenn are doing Coast mornings. Live. Finally, some good news out of the Ghetto Penthouse.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom