• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KJET Flies Again?

Interesting. Our Top-of-hour ID "93-1 and 105-7 The Jet... KJET South Bend, Aberdeen". And our website "www.1057thejet.com". What's next? Are they taking my logo too?

Oh this is really cool!
Another head-up-the-rectum Clear Channel idiot comes to Seattle and screams "we need to rebrand THAT station to something else".
It tanks.
Someone with cooler head suggests going back to a brand that has been around a long, long time and it stabilizes.
Then ANOTHER head-up-the-rectum Clear Channel idiot shows up......

I guess it's time to call Spike. Apparently according to Lance's report, the station may also pick up the syndicated morning show out of Sacramento, though KKBW could also fit that show. I thought Bob Rivers was under a 10 year contract that was just signed 3 years ago?

I'm confused, where in the article does it say that K-Jet is returning?

Another Cheap Channel &&^%$%^ ck up!!! This station sounded good when it was CLASSIC HITS!! PLAYING CLASSIC HITS OF THE 60-70-80'S. I remember that playlist and it was AMAZING!! Earth Wind and Fire, Hot Chocolate, CCR, Three Dog Night, Ohio Players, Jackson Five, Beatles, The Raspberries ETC. I listened to it all the time on line. Now it sounds like another CLASSIC ROCK station. with the logo HAHAHAHA "Seattle's GREATEST HITS" WHAT!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME. WHERE IS THE DAMM R&B AND THE DAMM POP!! Like I said before another CHEAP CHANNEL ^&*&^^&^ CK UP!! You know I loved the idea of bring back the LEGENDAY KJR 950 AM TOP 40 Format to 95.7!! It was done right in the beginning but when CHEAP CHANNEL got there hands on it........ well you get the picture.

Interesting. Our Top-of-hour ID "93-1 and 105-7 The Jet... KJET South Bend, Aberdeen". And our website "www.1057thejet.com". What's next? Are they taking my logo too?
Why not. Cheap Channel are know for stealing programming(WOR, WABC NEW YORK), logs and monikers from other stations and not caring. Hey Boss Bill Maybe you should take them to court and file a cease and desist order!!

Just an FYI...the callsign KJET was on a "Soul" AM (1380; 1KW daytime only) in Beaumont, TX for many years back in the 60s and 70s..the call has been gone for a long while...and in the last 3 years, the actual frequency also left for parts north of Houston proper..(cant call it a move-in or a rimshot...a rimshot at least has a chance of covering part of the major market! :rolleyes: )

Another Cheap Channel &&^%$%^ ck up!!! This station sounded good when it was CLASSIC HITS!! PLAYING CLASSIC HITS OF THE 60-70-80'S. I remember that playlist and it was AMAZING!! Earth Wind and Fire, Hot Chocolate, CCR, Three Dog Night, Ohio Players, Jackson Five, Beatles, The Raspberries ETC. I listened to it all the time on line. Now it sounds like another CLASSIC ROCK station. with the logo HAHAHAHA "Seattle's GREATEST HITS" WHAT!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME. WHERE IS THE DAMM R&B AND THE DAMM POP!! Like I said before another CHEAP CHANNEL ^&*&^^&^ CK UP!! You know I loved the idea of bring back the LEGENDAY KJR 950 AM TOP 40 Format to 95.7!! It was done right in the beginning but when CHEAP CHANNEL got there hands on it........ well you get the picture.

I agree. I remember listening to KJR when I was a kid (around the year 2001 to 2003 neighbourhood); it seemed to be a great station back then. Perhaps I recall wrong though.

Cheap Channel is known for playing the same 300-400 classic hits songs over and over on every one of their oldies stations. That's why I have quit listening to major market oldies stations. I am sick of hearing "Hotel California," "Only The Good Die Young" or "Listen to the Music." Some "oldies" stations are airing "Breathe" by Faith Hill nowadays. Why would they air a 1999 (!) hit? That is not classic hits, that is still AC music. Add it when it gets to 2025, but not now.

-crainbebo

Some "oldies" stations are airing "Breathe" by Faith Hill nowadays. Why would they air a 1999 (!) hit? That is not classic hits, that is still AC music. Add it when it gets to 2025, but not now.

-crainbebo

I will play it as a future air personality, but that does not mean I have to like it. Same goes for everyone who will be around for the continual evolution of music. That song is about as much "oldies" as KKWF is country.

Hmmm...I'd actually had started to like KJR-FM again. If CC wants to tinker with a station in their cluster, why not reformat KUBE? They've become a bottom dweller, compared to their past performance. On the other hand, maybe CC wants to free up the KJR-FM call sign for 102.9, so they can simulcast KJR 950 again. (KYNW hasn't exactly burn up the ratings charts.)

Hmmm...I'd actually had started to like KJR-FM again. If CC wants to tinker with a station in their cluster, why not reformat KUBE? They've become a bottom dweller, compared to their past performance. On the other hand, maybe CC wants to free up the KJR-FM call sign for 102.9, so they can simulcast KJR 950 again. (KYNW hasn't exactly burn up the ratings charts.)

There is only one problem I see with that idea. KJR-AM is just about as useless at KYNW. Plus, KJR on 95.7 keeps the "KJR - Channel 95" thing going. I really just don't see another simulcast being a big draw for a station which really doesn't have the unique qualities that it once had. They can thank KIRO.

Last edited:
I noticed on the radio insight post that Entercom is planning on syndicating the Rob, Arnie & Dawn show (they were on KISW around 2000 and didn't fair well. What makes them think they will do better now? Rumor is that they're looking for a Seattle affiliate, and that they might be on the new 95.7 formatted station. That would not be good for Bob, Spike and Joe, who I happen to like to listen to in the morning. (Whatever format is chosen, CC will most likely make it a voice tracked waste land. CC is in mega debt, and probably thinks they can't pay Bob Rivers and co.) If CC wants to tinker with a station in their cluster, KUBE should be number one to tweak.

KUBE sounds like KQMV with maybe a few more rap songs. Many times that I have heard a song play on 92.5 and then on 93.3 just a minute behind from 92.5.

-crainbebo

The unfortunate part of this, CC can't seem to find a way to to keep air talent and big themselves out of the mess that they made. Listeners don't want to hear voice tracked radio from anytown USA; they want live and local.

KUBE sounds like KQMV with maybe a few more rap songs. Many times that I have heard a song play on 92.5 and then on 93.3 just a minute behind from 92.5.

-crainbebo

You're right about KUBE. I still am speculating over KYNW though. I don't see how it is possible that they have not touched that station yet when it is doing this badly.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom