• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

MY Broadcasting granted new AC-Oldies station in Orangeville, Ontario

Dan Sys

Leading Participant
My Broadcasting received approval today to launch a new commercial Gold-Based AC station in Orangeville, Ontario. The new station will operate on 101.5 with 338 watts (625 watts maximum ERP). The antenna height will be 55.1 metres (EHAAT) and the radiation pattern will be directional.

CRTC DECISION:
http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2014/2014-378.htm

They'd have to be successful, as their isn't much choice locally in Pembroke. There's also a country station, a couple of community stations, the CBC and a good portion of Ottawa's stations make it up there.

Is the Evanov radio group on crack?
They had the nerve to complain about someone launching a radio station on "their turf"...
Interventions (found in 11.) " Dufferin (of which Evanov Radio Group is the parent and controlling entity),"

Thankfully, CRTC is alert to the reality of this so called Orangeville station Evanov owns:

17. Moreover, CIDC’s financial performance reflects a profile of a station that is competing in the Toronto radio market, and that the station draws little local revenue from Orangeville. In addition, after examining a portion of CIDC-FM’s programming in January 2013, the Commission is of the view that the station has oriented itself as a Toronto radio station, rather than an Orangeville radio station.

(23-26 is also a good read regarding this...)

Last edited:
They'd have to be successful, as their isn't much choice locally in Pembroke. There's also a country station, a couple of community stations, the CBC and a good portion of Ottawa's stations make it up there.

A friend of mine who lives in Pembroke said that the only stations you listen to are CHVR 96.7 or CIMY 104.9

Last time I was up there I was also able to hear the CBC on 92.5 which is the Pembroke transmitter, and 2 community stations on 98.7 and 101.7. There is a relay of CKQB at 99.9 in Pembroke CHRI has a repeater too. I was able to hear Ottawa's 93.1, 93.9, 94.9, 102.5, 103.3, 104.1, 105.3, 106.1 and 106.9. On AM I could hear stations at 580, 600, 690, 800, 1200, 1280 and 1310

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom