• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Zara Radio Random playlist

A

Alex P

I'm having a problem with the random play mode of Zara radio. The manual says that it will play random songs until they have all been played, before repeating any of the songs. But sometimes it repeats a same song 10 minutes later, even though I have over 200 songs loaded. Also sometimes it plays same song twice. And sometimes it chooses songs by same artist to play 2 or 3 in a row. Is this a bug?

The randomization in Zara isn't perfect. You will get better results with more songs (i.e., in the thousands). I've also noticed that if you cycle through the list multiple times, you will get some of the effects you are describing (such as songs repeating quite often) - that will of course happen more frequently if you have short playlists (directories). You can fix it by recreating the directory (renaming it will cause Zara to re-randomize (if that's a word).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom