• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s Reverse Themselves

Gee, I saw the headline I thought maybe they were going to open Carl's Jrs in the East and Hardee's out West,

Not only that, the Carl's Jr's in the east would feature Best Foods mayonaise, Hardee's in the west; Helleman's.

Or, they'd start using attractive young males in suggestive settings in their TV ads.

No, the 'Schilling' brand name disappeared sometime in the '90s. It's 'McCormick' nationwide. They made the change back when they had a jingle that went 'Flavor it up with...', and one day, it ended with 'McCormick', first I knew about the name change.

I just want them to bring back those fish sandwiches. They were delicious. I didn't try them the first time because that would mean giving up turkey burgers when I didn't know if they would last. Now I get to have turkey burgers more often because I remembered Hardee's has a location that will allow me to go there for lunch in the summer. But they gave up the fish sandwiches. I don't even remember if the unhealthy fish sandwiches are as good but I know I liked the new ones. I made sure to try them the second time even if it meant giving up turkey burgers for a while.

Never cared much for Hardee's; some of their "special" ideas sound almost repulsive, they lost my interest a couple years ago when they came up with a deep-fried baloney breakfast biscuit. >:p Liked Wendy's much better but their franchise here closed down and was turned into a bar. (EVERY business in my town that closes turns into another bar...)

I always liked Hardee's roast beef sandwich, but it is gone now, possibly after the merger with Carl's Jr.?

Hardee's is making a sort of a come back in West TN. They've reopened in their Trenton location and are opening a new location in Humboldt in the former KFC location.

Here in Nashville, I had the Entertainment book which had 2-for-1 specials for almost every restaurant and business imaginable. I remember that Hardee's had a 2-for-1 in that book which I tried to redeem at their restaurant location down in south Nashville back when I lived in that neighborhood a decade or so ago. This must have been right after that merger, because they no longer had whatever burger it was that I was trying to order at the time, but they were able to substitute something for me from their then-current menu. And in a "small-world" coincidence, it turned out that their manager there at the time was from Fulton, KY!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom