• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Would Fox 25 talent wind up on radio?

raccoonradio

Walk of Fame Participant
Some past TV reporters, etc. have wound up going to local radio. John Dennis, Kim Carrigan, Dan Rea (tho I think he'd done radio before his TV stint), etc. Now the pending swap of TV stations from Cox to Fox which puts Fox 25 in the camp of Cox, pending FCC approval, has some at 25 "nervous"; Inside Track in Herald names high-priced talent (it says) like Maria Stephanos and Doug VB Goudie. If they were to be cut would they wind up (back) on radio?
Doug of course was the longtime producer/co-producer of Howie Carr, nicknamed "Virgin Boy" (or Victor Bravo as he put it) who made a move to TV around '03 or so. He didn't really come back to appear on Howie's show in the meantime though at last once I heard him on the old WTKK filling in for Severin I think. Not too many fill ins, though.

VB had his own show briefly, The Pit, which took over Dr Laura's slot late night but he gave it up when he moved to TV. I have a cass. somewhere of his last show also featuring Paul "Butchie" Brennan (later worked for Leslie
"The Radio Chick" Gold in NY) and Nancy "Sandy" Shack and Cosmo Macero (who also teamed up with him on TV as the "heavy hitters"...

with Carr heading for the door Maria or VB, or both together in PM drive could save WRKO, anyone who could replace Kuhner would be welcome too

I wouldn't put it past Cox to make Entercom a offer they can't refuse to take the Boston cluster off their hands. That creates some nice synergies with WEEI, obviously, plus that would quite possibly change the dynamic between Howie and WRKO.

You forgot to mention Jon Keller who was David Brudnoy's Executive Producer on WRKO and also did a weekend shift on the old WRKO under RKO General. Believe Jon moved with Bruds when he went to the real WHDH Radio 850. Of course he is now the premier political reporter for WBZ TV 4.
Some past TV reporters, etc. have wound up going to local radio. John Dennis, Kim Carrigan, Dan Rea (tho I think he'd done radio before his TV stint), etc. Now the pending swap of TV stations from Cox to Fox which puts Fox 25 in the camp of Cox, pending FCC approval, has some at 25 "nervous"; Inside Track in Herald names high-priced talent (it says) like Maria Stephanos and Doug VB Goudie. If they were to be cut would they wind up (back) on radio?
Doug of course was the longtime producer/co-producer of Howie Carr, nicknamed "Virgin Boy" (or Victor Bravo as he put it) who made a move to TV around '03 or so. He didn't really come back to appear on Howie's show in the meantime though at last once I heard him on the old WTKK filling in for Severin I think. Not too many fill ins, though.

VB had his own show briefly, The Pit, which took over Dr Laura's slot late night but he gave it up when he moved to TV. I have a cass. somewhere of his last show also featuring Paul "Butchie" Brennan (later worked for Leslie
"The Radio Chick" Gold in NY) and Nancy "Sandy" Shack and Cosmo Macero (who also teamed up with him on TV as the "heavy hitters"...

Guess Howie has been doing occasional fill ins for VB on 25. Also I'll hint that Howie is minding his own business, because money really matters to him...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom