• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Most different/unique CHRs/Hot ACs?

What do you think the most unique CHRs or Hot ACs in the country, or the ones that are most non-cookie cutter? I think c99 is a good example. What do you think?

What do you think the most unique CHRs or Hot ACs in the country, or the ones that are most non-cookie cutter? I think c99 is a good example. What do you think?

There is no such thing as most unique. There are no degrees of unique. It's binary, like perfect, dead*, and pregnant.

Either you is or you ain't (to borrow from the song).

*(Princess Bride notwithstanding).

I've got to give another plug for my 2 favorites, KMHS/Koos Bay, OR and KKKJ/Klamath Falls, OR. They both throw in much more rhythmic songs than many CHRs, and both play songs I've never heard before.

KKCK Marshall, MN/Sioux Falls, SD:
It has a bigger recurrent library than a typical CHR, similar to Cumulus CHRs under Jan Jeffries, but KKCK also runs a longer list of currents. They take chances on songs that many won't, and they also mix in current/recurrent Modern Rock and Alternative radio material.
Hot AC KBRK-FM Brookings, SD has responded to their closest competitor saleswise (KKCK) by changing from a 80's/90's based mix into a mix of Hot AC currents, CHR recurrents including Rap/Rhythmic, and 90's/early 2K gold. Imagine hearing early Sheryl Crow and Lil Wayne in the same set.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom