• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Most different/unique CHRs/Hot ACs?

tall_guy1

Star Participant
What do you think the most unique CHRs or Hot ACs in the country, or the ones that are most non-cookie cutter? I think c99 is a good example. What do you think?

WDFM has always been a Hot AC known for taking on rhythmic material. It sounds like it shouldn't make any sense, but it works.

What do you think the most unique CHRs or Hot ACs in the country, or the ones that are most non-cookie cutter? I think c99 is a good example. What do you think?

There is no such thing as most unique. There are no degrees of unique. It's binary, like perfect, dead*, and pregnant.

Either you is or you ain't (to borrow from the song).

*(Princess Bride notwithstanding).

I've got to give another plug for my 2 favorites, KMHS/Koos Bay, OR and KKKJ/Klamath Falls, OR. They both throw in much more rhythmic songs than many CHRs, and both play songs I've never heard before.

KKCK Marshall, MN/Sioux Falls, SD:
It has a bigger recurrent library than a typical CHR, similar to Cumulus CHRs under Jan Jeffries, but KKCK also runs a longer list of currents. They take chances on songs that many won't, and they also mix in current/recurrent Modern Rock and Alternative radio material.
Hot AC KBRK-FM Brookings, SD has responded to their closest competitor saleswise (KKCK) by changing from a 80's/90's based mix into a mix of Hot AC currents, CHR recurrents including Rap/Rhythmic, and 90's/early 2K gold. Imagine hearing early Sheryl Crow and Lil Wayne in the same set.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom