• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Eastern NC Has Too MANY COUNTRY STATIONS!

A 94Z Fan

Frequent Participant
Why Dose Eastern NC HAVE 4 Country Stations?? Don't Make NO Sense to Me.

I agree that Eastern North Carolina has too many country stations, however, "The Bear" WNBR & WNBB, is "Classic Country" , so if you are counting this format east of Raleigh, there is more than four, you have "The Wolf" at 92.3 and 101.1, serving Belhaven, Jacksonville, and Wilmington, "Thunder Country" 96.3 out of Morehead City, 95.1 WRNS in Kinston, "The Big Dawg" 98.5 in Rocky Mount, "Dixie 105.7" that serves the Outer Banks and Northeastern North Carolina, WWQQ 101.3 in Wilmington, "The Dude" 93.7 and 106.3, which covers parts of Southeastern North Carolina, and "Water Country" 94.5 WCMS, based out of Hatteras, eight all together east of I-95.

They Need a rnb in Eastern North Carolina

This is getting too crazy it have too many Country and Rock Stations in Eastern North Carolina it need a R&B FM in Eastern North Carolina like Outer Banks, Greenville and Wilmington NC Like 100.1 FM in Edenton and 96.3 FM IN Morehead City and 98.3 FM in Wilmington NC, AND IT'S too much Rock and COUNTRY and please talk to FCC formats for Eastern North Carolina.

Yup!

The Eastern NC market is one of the most bizarre that is rated. A large geographical area with no
real large cities and thus not many large transmitters. Despite being a rated market, it's more
like a bunch of small markets with radio stations that serve their local community. If you are WRNS, with a 100 kw signal in the middle of the market, you will win the ratings. But in the smaller towns, a local station may have more listeners. Country and urban do well in this neck of the woods.

I've always thought that maybe this should not be a rated market.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom