• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WAVO Charlotte NC asking listeners for donations

I do wonder what happened to all the commercials. They do have other bills to pay. I don't even hear commercials before "A Moment of Musical History". Or even during. They do the community calendar during just about every commercial break.

In the article, the owner talked about how difficult it is to find sponsors. He obviously wasn't kidding.

In the article, the owner talked about how difficult it is to find sponsors. He obviously wasn't kidding.
If you operate a specialty format, you're going to have a difficult time finding sponsors. WHVW (950) Hyde Park NY which features a Classic Americana format also utilizes a hybrid revenue model.

I never did check to see how they did with this year's fundraiser. But when I turned to the station on the way to the beach, there it was with the good music. I just wish the radio in my current car worked like the one I had when this station was still religious and I happened to hear it clearly when turning to Rush on 1110, which I didn't have a button for. A Burlington station on this frequency once had the good music.

I never heard about a fundraiser this year and no one would give me a straight answer about that or the possibility of a stream.

But according to what I have read on this site, it's over. WAVO was doing Christian programming along with WHVN ten years ago and that's what they're doing again.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom