• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

S/Xm fires Anthony Cumia

I have tried to listen to O&A with an open mind but the "F-Bomb" almost every other word and other crude remarks are a bit much. When they have a good guest they can really do well in my opinion. I wouldn't listen to their show with anyone else in the car. Most of the people I know would find them offensive.

In this case and others where one of these so called "shock jocks" goes too far everyone starts talking about free speech. Well no one has arrested Anthony for what he said but he is responsible for what he said. We, that is, you, me and his employers have the right to say we like or don't like it.

Having said that, I have to wonder how many people were offended by his Tweets? How many people saw them? Could this be just an excuse to get rid of him?

He is under a contract. Apparently he did something that broke the contract. Otherwise firing him with no cause would open the company for a lawsuit.
I have no idea of the economic value of that show to the company, but it did cross my mind: I wonder if the show is no longer wanted and he foolishly gave them a way to whack an expense.

I have no idea of the economic value of that show to the company, but it did cross my mind: I wonder if the show is no longer wanted and he foolishly gave them a way to whack an expense.

From what I read, they only had a few months left on their contract.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom