• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KLUB Victoria Goes Classic Rock

P

purpledevil

As of 12pm yesterday, KLUB Bloomington/Victoria has shifted its musical focus from active rock to classic rock, with a focus on 70's and 80's rock hits, as it becomes "Classic Rock 106-9" according to the net gnomes at Insight.

http://radioinsight.com/blog/headlines/89344/klub-shifts-to-classic-rock/

Is this the right approach for Townsquare in your opinion? Did KBAR just become your new preset, or is classic rock just what the doctor ordered in Victoria?

Not sure about the Tejano format, but KLUB definitely had an AC format about 20 years ago.
I think it was called K106.9 during it's AC days and if I remember correctly it was Tejano after that as "Club 106.9" which is the where the KLUB calls originated from.

Last edited:
Wonder if there is an opening for a jock there?? We 70s top40 jocks would be perfect for the format! and in the markets with Crap Channel and Cumeless, automation rules except in the morning...

Wasn't KLUB always kind of a classic rock channel? I'm not a huge rock fan, I really haven't listened to either one to long. Hip Hop is out of the question for Victoria?

Townsquare did a similar thing in Tyler-Longview about 9 months ago. They switched active rock KKTX-FM 96X to Classic Rock 96-1, playing late 60's to early 90's rock hits. Can't say if it was the right move ratings-wise, but active rock in conservative east Texas always seemed a bit out of place. Problem is, they have a lot of overlap with classic hits stations KOOI and KDOK.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom