• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Lpfm

Not off hand, but a handful did get granted, one in the middle of midtown on 96.5 and I think one over by the med center. Also a few up north near Lincoln

Hhhhhmmm. I think there was a pirate on 96.5 somewhere in midtown around 2005 or so. Used the call KNOZ if I remember correctly. They played commercials and refused entry by the FCC once. Finally shut down. Wonder if they are back, legal this time?

Hhhhhmmm. I think there was a pirate on 96.5 somewhere in midtown around 2005 or so. Used the call KNOZ if I remember correctly. They played commercials and refused entry by the FCC once. Finally shut down. Wonder if they are back, legal this time?

Yep.. I am mentioned the Sac News and Review article. Will Major was seriously full of crap, and blamed me for their FCC troubles. It was not I, but in fact the folks at 103.5 The Bomb that filed the complaint. Those A-holes even published flyers with my personal contact info, including my home address and phone number (unlisted). They did the same for the FCC field agent involved.

http://www.newsreview.com/sacramento/everybody-knoz/content?oid=33412

Wow! What a read, thanks JammerDave. Looks like 96.5 is now licensed to Sacramento Access off Tst. I think it's the local cable access channels.

Wow! What a read, thanks JammerDave. Looks like 96.5 is now licensed to Sacramento Access off Tst. I think it's the local cable access channels.

I don't have cable in Sac, but is that the group that used to be on KYDS 91.5 when the students weren't running it?

Dave B.

Yes, they did use KYDS but eventually stopped when El Camino HS went 24hrs. Interestingly, I think Cosumnes River College was on KYDS Sunday mornings back in 1987 or so as well.

There's a CP on 106.1 in Saacramento

How would 106.1 work?

KCFA covers most of Sacramento

Realistically it probably won't work very well. But on paper the coverage of KCFA doesn't extend to Sacramento. Take a look at the predicted coverage here:

http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pat?call=KCFA&service=FM&status=L&hours=U

There was another LPFM app on 92.1 but the licensee of the 92.1 in Placerville objected and that station moved to 106.9. Apparently the La Favorita group is either not paying attention or doesn't care about coverage in that area.

Dave B.

I got this on Radioinsight

NEW Midtown Radio 106.9
NEW Sacto Area Peace Action 106.1
NEW Verge for the Arts 103.1
KCSF Williams Memorial Church 99.1
NEW Ubuntu Green 95.7
KUBU Sacto Community Cable 96.5

NEW Midtown Radio 106.9
NEW Ubuntu Green 95.7

I think that 99.1 is going to have problems with KARA on Sutter Buttes too. EMF probably didn't challenge it because their 89.7 comes in really strong there.

Dave B.

Well unless KCFA is putting out more power than allowed I would say a CP 106.1 in sac would do okay, at least in their primary coverage contour, but it's probably a loosing battle if they are hoping for the same kind of "fringe" coverage and LP like 97.5 gets.
You can see bellow a map of the "City Grade" 60dbu/54dbu contour of the LPFM and KCFA.

Attachments

• KFCAvBNPL-20131115AAY.jpg
    KFCAvBNPL-20131115AAY.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 7

NEW Midtown Radio 106.9
NEW Ubuntu Green 95.7

KUBU 96.5 is due on the air in the next 30 days.

Does anyone know the status of the 3 super translators from EMF 107.1 98.9 and 95.1

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom