• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Lpfm

Does anyone know the status of the 3 super translators from EMF 107.1 98.9 and 95.1

Good question Bud, the applications have been out for awhile.

With 99.5 (K-LOVE) and the simulcast on 89.7/99.1 (Air1) serving the market, I've been wondering what holes the super translators fill.

I heard 96.5 on the air last week, They were playing some Frank Sinatra type stuff. The processing sounded pretty good, but I did not catch any identifiers that would inform if that music is the final format.

I heard 96.5 on the air last week, They were playing some Frank Sinatra type stuff. The processing sounded pretty good, but I did not catch any identifiers that would inform if that music is the final format.

It's free form so it may be Frank Sinatra today, Metallica tomorrow.

I live south of Elk Grove Blvd. and got it quite well with 3 out of 3 signal strength bars and "KUBU" on the display screen. This is with a rooftop tv antenna pointed north and a Sony home hd tuner, however.

My bad

I'm only hearing KOIT

I can't even get KUBU on my Grundig Radio, even KDEE 97.5 comes in very weak from West Sacramento

My bad

I'm only hearing KOIT

I can't even get KUBU on my Grundig Radio, even KDEE 97.5 comes in very weak from West Sacramento

It's a really weak signal unfortunately and the antenna doesn't help the situation. I was driving down Cap City Freeway over the holiday and I heard it a bit but lost it once I started heading down 99 in S. Sac. It doesn't help that KOIT is a beast Class B.

If KUBU want to, Can they increase the Power to like 75 watts to cover Sacramento, At the same time protect KOIT?

Cool

Even on my walkman going over the bridge is hard to get in to the city

Where's the antanna located in the city or is it out of the city?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom