• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Wew

Ten to Twenty Years ago, WEW played a great mix of older music which I really enjoyed when visiting St. Louis. Then, some years ago, new ownership turned it into mostly brokered ethnic/religious programming. But, I was recently surprised to hear "the old" WEW playing great music mixed with network news and other short features on a trip through STL last Friday on my way to Colorado. TODAY, on my return trip, they played all music from the 1940's (The BIG Hits of the era) between 9 and noon CDT. From what I can gather, that slot is all that's left of the "old" WEW. Several years ago, the station had a CP to increase to 10,000 watts Daytime and ADD NIGHT service with a few hundred watts. Has that improvement fallen apart?

Just for the record, I am 66 years old, so I wasn't even around for most of the 40's but found this small sliver of WEW's programming to be greatly appreciated (and enjoyed) in today's era of pre-packaged, automated, repetitive radio programming.

The morning slot is all that's left, and I'm pretty sure that a local stock broker pays for the time to keep it going. The CP for 10kW expired, but then was reapplied for; as I had heard it was only to entice the sale of the property, and that the current owner has no real intention of building it. Technical quality of WEW has went way downhill since I was there 15 years ago or so. WEW does have night service but its only about 20 watts, but actually does cover pretty good for the low power, but unless you speak Bosnian or Spanish, you won't find much to listen outside of the morning standards block with Joe Barralle.

I don't understand why they just don't add 200 Watts night and stay at 1,000 watt's Day from the original site .

Ten to Twenty Years ago, WEW played a great mix of older music which I really enjoyed when visiting St. Louis. Then, some years ago, new ownership turned it into mostly brokered ethnic/religious programming. But, I was recently surprised to hear "the old" WEW playing great music mixed with network news and other short features on a trip through STL last Friday on my way to Colorado. TODAY, on my return trip, they played all music from the 1940's (The BIG Hits of the era) between 9 and noon CDT. From what I can gather, that slot is all that's left of the "old" WEW. Several years ago, the station had a CP to increase to 10,000 watts Daytime and ADD NIGHT service with a few hundred watts. Has that improvement fallen apart?

Just for the record, I am 66 years old, so I wasn't even around for most of the 40's but found this small sliver of WEW's programming to be greatly appreciated (and enjoyed) in today's era of pre-packaged, automated, repetitive radio programming.

I can barely get 770 AM to come in, here on the east side.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom