• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Any updates on when Alpha Broadcasting takes over at 717 E. David Rd.?

Have not heard a date yet but I have been told that the phrase "Happy Happy Happy" has been heard reverberating through the halls. No reports of a man with a shaggy beard or a duck call though.

Playing Pharrell again on Fly 92-9?

Have not heard a date yet but I have been told that the phrase "Happy Happy Happy" has been heard reverberating through the halls. No reports of a man with a shaggy beard or a duck call though.

FCC database shows approval of application June 24, I would assume the close is days away.

I saw this on the Radio Insight Twitter Feed:
Robert Corbin VARTV @VARTV
It appears Alpha Media takes over the Main Line Richmond stations tomorrow. Reps to tour & talk to staff of stations tomorrow. #rva #VARTV
Retweeted by RadioInsight.com

No idea if that means Main Line Dayton also

No mention in the trade press what happened to long time Dayton MM, Andrea Scott Cramer...are we to assume she got cashed out at the close of the deal and is now happilly retired???

Let us all raise a pint, quart, or Mason jar of Hiney Wine in honor of John King's return to WING (and the rest of the stations). Hey John, don't forget to wear your "Alex" bow-tie to work now and then!

John King & Alpha Broadcasting WILL bring 717 back to life! Main Line did the properties no favors. It'll be interesting to see what these good folks do with 92.9 and 101.5. I can't see Fly & Click sticking around much longer. The two properties I wouldn't touch are WROU & WDHT. I can't see Adult Hits staying on 92.9 much longer, seeing how it's not a live and local-friendly format & is automated outside of Danielle's air shift during the week. Click is fully automated, so it's most likely bye-bye for the long struggling station. What to do with both 92.9 and 101.5, that is the question. Exciting days are ahead at 717 East David Road!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom