• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Oldies back on the air

KTMB 102.1 Anchorage flipped to oldies (Oldies 102.1) this spring, making its 3rd format change in 3 years. Oldies left Anchorage in 2011 when KEAG 97.3 went to classic hits. Now, Oldies 102.1 is playing 1955-75 oldies. It is basically jockless and on auto pilot (as is sister station KBBO 92.1). I've been several places where I hear the station.

Don't you find the crossover between Bob and KTMB to be problematic for two stations in the same cluster? Would've made more sense to evolve Buzz/Peak to alternative (the hole in the market now that KZND is...whatever it is) and kill off the ailing Bob (formerly KOOL's closest competitor) for this oldies format.

Oh hell, what do we know? I'm sure there's a pie chart somewhere that shows how two classic hits stations in the same cluster makes the most sense.

BOB fm really doesn't go quite as old as Oldies 102.1 does(back to the 50s), it has more of a classic rock feel, and even plays songs well into the 80s and even some 90s. 75% of 102.1 is 60s and 70s and pop oriented not so much rock. BOB is more in direct competition with classic rocker 100.5 The Fox. While the demos might overlap some with Oldies 102.1 and BOB, they have the baby boomers and 40 somethings well covered.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom