• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

talk radio fans?

briangold

I frequent the rich lieberman website but it's quite negative and I don't like the anonymous aspects of it.

I don't see many talk discussions here but hopefully people do discuss or can direct me otherwise.

My wife and I are big talk fans but with different tastes.

Thanks!

I get that impression myself from Lieberman. Other than that I jump between talk stations during the week.

Sadly I think it's nearly dead

I too, am a big talk radio fan, but I'm afraid it's a dying genre. Younger people don't care for it, and what's left of "talk radio" is more "monologue radio", not taking any callers but just a host talking. I'm extremely disappointed in Gil Gross' show on 910 for that very reason. I miss true talk radio.

I frequent the rich lieberman website but it's quite negative and I don't like the anonymous aspects of it.

I don't see many talk discussions here but hopefully people do discuss or can direct me otherwise.

My wife and I are big talk fans but with different tastes.

Thanks!

You're in luck. All indications point to KGO 810 going back to News Talk. With the hiring of Kevin Metheny.

You're in luck. All indications point to KGO 810 going back to News Talk. With the hiring of Kevin Metheny.

Don't think that worked out very well. I'm still on the Rich Lieberman site. Today there's a lot of news about KGO firing people and closing Bureaus. Maybe that means more talk in the near future?

The hiring of Chip Franklin and the evening host Drex is uninspiring. Today Ronn Owens announced he's having a procedure to help with his Parkinsons. He is way over the hill, and has been for some time. Not sure what KGO Is thinking.

I also hear Gil Gross on 910 but it's so incredibly monotonous.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom