• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Whyl

I'm with you friend What's the point. WHYL is done.

What ya gonna to do now Harold---more old country?

When you take a station dark, you should notify the FCC as such. If you do not light up the transmitter and do an ID at least once a year they take away the license.

The property, land and towers, might be worth more than the $30k paid....

WHYL will be returning to the air sometime this fall. The tentative plans are to have a live morning show with the rest of the day either automated or satellite.

It will be an oldies format on satellite with live mornings and possibly PM drive as well? Dennis Edwards in the morning? Stay tuned!

It will be an oldies format on satellite with live mornings and possibly PM drive as well? Dennis Edwards in the morning? Stay tuned!

How do you know this? Do you work for Swidler radio ? Has the FCC approved the sale of 960 to Swidler ?

9/25----- Has the FCC approved the sale of WHYL to Swidler Radio ?

It's official! Good Time Oldies with former Carlisle mayor Kirk Wilson in mornings. Kirk was with WHYL in their heyday. Larry Flood will handle afternoons.

When willl WHYL be on the air ? Will they add an fm translator?

960 is on air at minimum power currently, can't pick it up outside of city limits right now... goal is to get up to 1kw.

I heard WHYL may return to the air around Nov. 1 . (oldies)

I read somewhere that the plan was to get the station up to 2,000 watts non-directional.

Is WHYL airing oldies now ? (with local & syndicated jocks) (is WHYL on---line ? )

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom