• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Ted Tucker's Newest Rimshot

U

Unregistered

Ted Tucker's latest rimshot into Tucson is on 98.1 and it is licensed to Tubac. Transmitter appears to be in Madera Canyon. With this station on the air, Clear Channel's 98.3 is surrounded on both sides. 98.5 transmits from south of Vail and that station is also owned by one of the Tucker companies. Like all Tucker stations KTBX will be upgraded and sold at a huge capital gain though that may take years to accomplish.

In Northern AZ, KZXK, 98.9 in Doney Park / Flagstaff is okay; when it's actually on-the-air. In the last two years it has been like a yo yo signal.
Off for weeks at a time, then, suddenly back like a magical music player. This is a Ted Tucker station that is good at times.

http://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pat?call=KZXK&service=FM&status=C&hours=U

Wishing you better luck with 98.1 or 103.7 - whichever frequency survives near the Old Pueblo.

Last edited:
KTBx 98.1 Tubac

Just spent some time near Green Valley, AZ, and was blown away by 98.1. Is there any place online to get a stream of this station, and if not, how do I find contact information for the station or broadcast company to implore them to get this station on the web?

Ding Ding Ding Ding....We have a winner!!
Revival of a thread started 3 and a half years ago!

As speedy as discussions are around this place, I can go away for a year, come back, make a post and it's still topical to the discussion. ;)

Much like the material that's out there??

Nope, not at all. :D

Is it still on the air? I haven't heard it in Mesa in years.

I get a listenable signal in Chandler/Tempe. It is very much still on the air and a preset.

I dunno what it is about my area and radio stations. I can hear almost too many of them. The KOAI translator on South Mountain is actually worse than the main station here.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom