• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KNSN-AM sold

read in the crawford engineering newsletter they plan to replace the 30 year old transmitter and construct studios in el cajon. they plan local paid relig. programs for 1240.

Confirmed, the (1240 )'Radio Catholica' programming has now moved to KURS 1040.
CBC took ownership of 1240 on 7/25 14.

Latest filing by Kiertron-

Exhibit 1
Description: DESCRIPTION

KIERTRON, INC., BECAME THE KNSN LICENSEE EFFECTIVE JULY 25, 2014, PURSUANT TO AUTHORITY GRANTED IN FCC FILE NO. BAL-20140522AGE. A STATION MAIN STUDIO DID NOT CONVEY TO THE NEW LICENSEE.

KNSN WAS TAKEN SILENT AT MIDNIGHT JULY 25, 2014, AND WILL REMAIN SILENT THROUGH SEVERAL MONTHS OF TRANSMITTER SITE RENOVATION, NEW MAIN STUDIO CONSTRUCTION, AND RELATED TRANSITION TO THE NEW LICENSEE'S OPERATION AND CONTROL.

AS THE STATION HAS NO ACCESSIBLE MAIN STUDIO AT PRESENT, THE COMMISSION IS ALSO REQUESTED TO WAIVE THE FOLLOWING DURING THE STA PERIOD:
73.1125 - MAIN STUDIO STAFFING AND BUSINESS HOURS
73.1225 - STATION INPECTIONS DURING REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS.

(After sunset, 1kw Oldies KJAA, Globe AZ is audible.)

Openings at KNSN-

Job Summary
Company
Crawford Broadcasting Company
Industries
Broadcasting, Music, and Film
Job Type
Part Time
Employee
Years of Experience
Less than 1 Year
Education Level
High School or equivalent
Career Level
Entry Level Administrative Assistant
About the Job
San Diego’s newest CHRISTIAN TALK RADIO Station is hiring an ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT!
This is a Part Time Position working 30 hours per week. This Position is responsible for running the San Diego Office.
The ideal candidate will have a Passion for Christian Talk Radio, Warm and Friendly Personality, Excellent Communication Skills, Organizational Skills!
Duties consist of phones, faxes, mail, ordering supplies, upkeep of the office, corresponding with clients, assisting Promotions Director with research, assisting Station Manager with sales and some other light duties.

Entry Level Promotions Director
About the Job
San Diego’s newest CHRISTIAN TALK RADIO Station is hiring a PROMOTIONS DIRECTOR!
This is a Part Time Position working 30 hours per week. This Position is responsible representing and promoting KNSN in the San Diego Area.
The ideal candidate will have a Passion for Christian Talk Radio, Outgoing Personality, Excellent Communication Skills, Graphics Design experience a huge plus!
Duties consist of finding and attending events to promote the radio station, creating banners, logos etc (this is where graphics design experience comes in).
Please send resumes to [email protected] or fax to 714-754-0735.

Please send resumes to [email protected] or fax to 714-754-0735.
KNSN is an equal opportunity employer

Big 121, I'm actually regularly hearing KEZY from San Bernardino on 1240 after sunset, confirmed by parallel of 1130 KSDO. i haven't yet pisitively ID'd KJAA.

And, if I combine a Select-A-Tenna and utility groundwire, I can hear KEZY around midday from a couple miles south of El Cajon.

I seem to remember you're in Lakeside and have a PR-D5 or similar radio, right? How close are you to the KECR/KCBQ transmitter, and how well can you hear 900 KALI, 920 XESDA/KPSI, 1160 XEQIN and 1180 KERN in the midday? All (except 900 but that was before their CP) have been heard here with 910 and 1170 off in the past, and with 900's new CP active (I heard them in Cameron Corners a month or two ago) they should be a lot easier.

Big 121, I'm actually regularly hearing KEZY from San Bernardino on 1240 after sunset, confirmed by parallel of 1130 KSDO. i haven't yet pisitively ID'd KJAA.

And, if I combine a Select-A-Tenna and utility groundwire, I can hear KEZY around midday from a couple miles south of El Cajon.

I seem to remember you're in Lakeside and have a PR-D5 or similar radio, right? How close are you to the KECR/KCBQ transmitter, and how well can you hear 900 KALI, 920 XESDA/KPSI, 1160 XEQIN and 1180 KERN in the midday? All (except 900 but that was before their CP) have been heard here with 910 and 1170 off in the past, and with 900's new CP active (I heard them in Cameron Corners a month or two ago) they should be a lot easier.

I'm in the near field of 910/1170, and 1130. No 'dx' next to those channels.
With KNSN off, KXO is quite enjoyable, with an impressive oldies playlist. KJAA is a regular at night now.
Will Crawford install HD?
That tower is an oddball, over 1/2 wavelength high, but only 26 ohms resistive instead of a nominal 75 or so. It's always had sideband issues
that had to be dealt with, and adding digital sidecarriers may prove to be interesting.
Meanwhile, Jaime Bonilla Veldez' co/located 1040 is finally generating some cash flow via Radio Catolica.

After a short on air test on Saturday around 3:15 pm , KNSN has signed on. (Thanks, buddy.) It is at this time using the KBRT audio
via satellite feed.
Yes, the audio has a good clean sound.. unlike 740.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom