• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

101 wkqx

The early success the station has seen under Cumulus' (usually inept) ownership has been encouraging, but I have a feeling that is about to change with Jim Richards soon leaving.

The guy Cumulus should have hired to succeed him (Jacent Jackson, of Milwaukee's FM 102/1) was hired days ago by CBS to lead Live 105 in San Francisco.

So, I suspect 101 will wind up with some Cumulus flunky promoted from within as its new OM/PD. Hope I'm wrong.

Hi Mark,

A couple points of clarification. 1) Jim started in SF on May 5th, so he's been out of the building for three weeks. 2) I've been the PD of this station, not Jim, since May 2012, when we signed it onto the 87.7 signal.

As I understand it, no one will be replacing me. The job that's open is to program WLUP.

Hope that helps.

Re:

I am happy to hear that, PJ.

You guys are doing a terrific job.

Hopefully, the new Operations Manager will see that if "it ain't broke, don't fix it" as far as 101 WKQX is concerned.

Can you blame me for being paranoid? (The memories of Tisa LaSorte, Mike Stern and others are still fresh!)

I hope as much of the pre-Cumulus crew as possible remains in place at 101. Not too fond of the "results" Cumulus has produced in its other markets as of late -- Salt Lake City and Atlanta being prime examples.

Thanks for the compliments. Truly. I wouldn't be here if I didn't believe that we were on the right track with our new corporate overlords, and the new OM is being hired expressly for the Loop.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom