• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

To My Alabama Readers

Selma Alabama is fixing to get a Mainstream CCM radio station. God confirmed it yesterday. My lil' ol' LPFM is going that route, once I sign on.

Dan <><

P.S. If you want to help, bring it into existence, let me know.

WPJB-LP
93.3 FM
"Jesus Radio"
Selma Alabama
Selma's first and only full time CCM radio voice

Last edited:
Still trying to raise money and obtain broadcasting items, as I post this. Have close to $1000 saved now.

Dan <><

We launched back in April - Got our CP in March and started running with it. I've learned a lot - and I think i'm about $14k in thus far. Our listener base is really happy and I've got to free myself up from other projects to start getting sponsors! Have my monthly dedicated expenses down to $200! We've done one live remote - and that was fun.

http://www.facebook.com/live95cullman
www.live95cullman.com

That's great mrjay! I'm having a blast putting this together. The City of Headland has been very supportive so far and our mission is like yours; bring back local community radio! Interesting side note. I worked for WRJM in Troy and Geneva for several years! Good luck!

Dan: I will keep an eye out for some used equipment for you. I've been blessed that people have donated my transmitter (a 25 watt BW), my audio processor (an Optimod 8100a), my main control room board (an old but cool Autogram), EAS, STL, automation software and computers (I actually saved those from Oldies 700), a couple of mics, lots of wire and connectors from a defunct station, and quite a bit of office furnishings. The city is leasing us space for our studios in one of their buildings and leasing us space on the old town water tank for the antenna and transmitter. The only items I've yet to purchase is the antenna and transmission line. I also have to pay a guy to climb for me. When all is said and done, I'll have 5-6k in construction costs and used a lot of favors.

Let's keep in touch. We new owners have to stick together. Check out my preview stream at: www.wrmz.org

New station puts faith in new programming

Published 1:37pm Sunday, July 20, 2014
Email Comments

Selma resident Dan Presley‘s 1996 experience on a Christian radio station led to a vision to build his own station. (AFR Selma) In less than a year, that dream is expected to become a reality.

Presley is making final preparations for WPJB-LP 93.3 FM, also known as Jesus Radio, which is scheduled to become operational between December and May. The nonprofit Christian radio station will play contemporary Christian to execute Presley’s mission to spread positivity in Selma.

“I feel that Selma has had need for this station for years, because of all the crime, violence and evil,” Presley said. “I want to help put a dent in some of that in Selma if I can.”

Created under the People for Jesus Radio Broadcasting Company, Jesus Radio station is located at 608 Park Avenue, off of Summerfield Road.

The broadcast area will be approximately within 12 miles of the 100-watt transmitter.

Featured artists will include Twila Paris, Steven Chapman, Larry Norman, Keith Green, Dallas Holm, Michael Smith, Tobymac, Third Day, Jeremy Camp, Newsboys, Leeland, Kevin Derryberry and more.

Presley wants the music to appeal to those ages 18 to 54.

“Those are the ones that still don’t have a gospel radio voice of their own,” Presley said. “I want to help bring a voice to Selma that will have a positive influence on them.”

He said he also wants to help create more job opportunities with the new station.

With a goal to raise $10,000 for operational costs, Presley’s hoping the community will provide some financial support.

People can donate money, music, broadcasting equipment, paneling and more.

Donations for the radio station can be mailed to WPJB-LP, 608 Park Avenue, Selma Alabama, 36701. Checks can be made payable to People for Jesus.

“Help is greatly appreciated, but regardless of whether you donate or not, you’ll be able to enjoy our broadcast with no on-air advertising,” Presley said.

The radio station has not been completed, but Presley has already earned a fan.

His mother, Patsy, said she loves Southern music, and she’s looking forward to praising God as a listener.

“We owe all this praise to the lord,” Patsy said.

Read more: http://www.selmatimesjournal.com/2014/07/20/new-station-puts-faith-in-new-programming/#ixzz382MFrR5a

Dan <><

Congrats Dan. Looks like you're getting the word out. Great job :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom