• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Is this a good idea for a 80's and 90's station

I was thinking too of having specialty programs that would play album's in full, like a once a week event. That are like a program that will play 12" or rarer versions of songs, like 5 hours a week. Dance classic's/ Freestyle and Acoustic Brunches are other ideas I have.

I could also program album cuts into the regular playlist.

An Internet Station wouldn't be bad though, or a LPFM. If a media giant that begins with a C even where to try this format they would butcher the playlist down to 200 songs anyways. Then flip formats in 6 month's once the station FAILED in the ratings. Not realizing its because the way it was programmed.

I was thinking too of having specialty programs that would play album's in full, like a once a week event. That are like a program that will play 12" or rarer versions of songs, like 5 hours a week. Dance classic's/ Freestyle and Acoustic Brunches are other ideas I have.
The old Star 97 here in Nashville had '80s dance mixes programmed and segued together for about four or five hours every Saturday night. I knew that we were only one format change away from losing that cool programming, so I made tapes of it. The only drawback was that they dropped station identifiers onto the intro of every song, calling it "the new Star 97," while at that point, they had been on the air for at least a year and a half!
I could also program album cuts into the regular playlist.
Can't wait for the corporate types on this board to jump all over that one!
An Internet Station wouldn't be bad though, or a LPFM. If a media giant that begins with a C even where to try this format they would butcher the playlist down to 200 songs anyways. Then flip formats in 6 month's once the station FAILED in the ratings. Not realizing its because the way it was programmed.
Thank you. I have been saying exactly that on this board for months, if not years!

Firepoint525, is there anyway those dance mix recordings can be digitized into MP3. I actually remember what you where talking about as I lived in Clarksville, Tn at the time.

Unfortunately the only tape I have of such a show is the "Saturday Night 80's Mix Show" recorded from WCVQ FM circa 2004. Unfortunately lost that tape when moving some years ago.

Firepoint525, is there anyway those dance mix recordings can be digitized into MP3. I actually remember what you where talking about as I lived in Clarksville, Tn at the time.
I plan to eventually digitize the ones that I have, but the files would likely be way too large to email. Seems like even one song is too large to send as an email attachment, unless it is short.
Unfortunately the only tape I have of such a show is the "Saturday Night 80's Mix Show" recorded from WCVQ FM circa 2004. Unfortunately lost that tape when moving some years ago.
I was unaware that Q-108 ever had such a program. I lived in Clarksville in the early '90s myself. After I moved back to the Nashville area, I largely forgot about Q-108, until I moved back to the west side of Nashville, and back into the periphery of their coverage area. Now I live in Pegram, just west of Nashville, and have no problem at all receiving Q-108's signal.

Q108 only had the program I believe for 6 months or so. Saturday night programs were always changing on that station. Between 01 and 04 the Q must have had at least 4 different programs on Saturday night. Including a replay of the current version of AMT40, 80's AMT40, then for a short while a replay of Backtrax USA 80's and 90's. (Already played on Sunday Nights) Some of the time no specialty programs were on Saturday night.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom