• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WARM After TOC

John1

Star Participant
Does anyone know what will replace the True Oldies Channel on WARM after TOC ends next month? I would guess another satellite-fed oldies service since earlier attempts to try other formats on 590 didn't work out. Has anyone heard anything 'official'? Also wondering the same for WTZN & WTTC - all 3 come in pretty strong in the Rt. 6 corridor.

Considering Good Time Oldies is a Cumulus/Westwood product, it seems like a no brainer. Considering no one is listening and no one cares, I wouldn't be shocked at CBS Sports as Cumulus tries to up the station count and footprint.

WARM flipped to the WestwoodOne Good Time Oldies service over the weekend. Not bad.

I agree, it sounds great. Scott Shannon played too many stale 80s songs that have been over played. I've been listening for twenty minutes and every song I've heard sounds great!

I agree, it sounds great. Scott Shannon played too many stale 80s songs that have been over played. I've been listening for twenty minutes and every song I've heard sounds great!

I wonder how many not-so commonly played records they've played so far?

WARM flipped to the WestwoodOne Good Time Oldies service over the weekend. Not bad.

When I was PD at WARM and chief engineer of the cluster several years ago, during the Citadel era, I caught a ration of $#!+ from the general manager for wanting to put that format on WARM. At the time, TOC was playing some really crappy music and the "all Scott Shannon, all the time" bit was wearing very thin. At least "Good Time Oldies" sounded like a real radio station.

How ironic that "Good Time Oldies" is now on WARM!

Considering "Good Time Oldies" made its debut only a few months ago, I think your timing is a bit off.

NEW YORK, NY (March 26, 2014) -- WestwoodOne announced today that it will launch Good Time Oldies, a new 24-hour format, to join its extensive line-up of program services. The new format will debut on Monday, April 28th.

Good Time Oldies will feature music from the golden era of pop, rock and soul--centering on hit music from the 60s and 70s—and positioned slightly earlier than traditional Adult Hits-formatted stations. Affiliated stations will be able to either take the channel as a nationally branded format, or adopt their own imaging.

I think Dial Global's Oldies service, pre-merger was also known as "Good Time Oldies"

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom