• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Froggy 98 changes branding

U

Unregistered

It's kind of refreshing to hear the new sound of WFGY with Today's Best Country. The very forward moving, top-40 sounding morning show and the fact that the jocks are sounding less like liner jocks and more like personalities.

Wonder if Donna Dunkel had much to do with this or out of her hands? I have a feeling this wasn;t her doing, but a great change nonetheless.

Now if we could just get rid of the other Frogs that are just taking up airspace. Seriously!

It's kind of refreshing to hear the new sound of WFGY with Today's Best Country. The very forward moving, top-40 sounding morning show and the fact that the jocks are sounding less like liner jocks and more like personalities.

Wonder if Donna Dunkel had much to do with this or out of her hands? I have a feeling this wasn;t her doing, but a great change nonetheless.

Now if we could just get rid of the other Frogs that are just taking up airspace. Seriously!

I know right? this is exactly what Froggy 98 needs to be doing to appeal more to the growing younger country demographic. I know Forever Broadcasting out of Altoona had a change in management just last year, and I believe that is what could have caused it. Ever since they got rid of the old station manager, one by one, improvements have been made to Froggy, with a little more shine and polish, it can be considered a great station in my opinion. Just wish they would do the same forward thinking for the rest of the stations in the market.

Also, agreed about the other frogs out there, two 50,000 watt Froggy stations not far from each other seems extreme. If they each had a much lower wattage, then I could see it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom