• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Is the Toronto radio dial very interesting?

What can one do to get American stations to adhere to the Canadian content rules? They've been openly flaunting these laws for some time now.

My beef is that American and Canadian stations aren't adhering to enough Australian content rules. :cool:

...as we scratch our head trying to figure out whatever the heck Q107 is doing.
If you want rock radio, 97.7 Htz fm (St.Catharines) is good, and there's also Q's sister station out of Hamilton, with a better variety of rock.
Y108.
Last time I checked in with Q, it seemed like they were getting pretty bad!

I may be biased towards classic rock, but I don't object to 90's (or even newer) rock. I don't think i'd tune in to Q 107 though.

How, exactly, does CanCon apply to American stations?

Easy--there's plenty of cross-border overlap. Any American station receivable in Canada should follow the CanCon rules. When other stations see this example, perhaps they'll get into compliance as well. You don't want to get into hot water with the CRTC or FCC.

Easy--there's plenty of cross-border overlap. Any American station receivable in Canada should follow the CanCon rules. When other stations see this example, perhaps they'll get into compliance as well. You don't want to get into hot water with the CRTC or FCC.

What about radio stations that serve communities like Buffalo, but also have coverage (and listenership in Toronto)? I don't think they should be required to comply, their audience target is not Toronto, the signal just happens to reach.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom