• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

92.3 Amp Radio

Why are they still trying this format, it's been five years and it's obvious that listeners prefer Z100. A name change and minor playlist adjustments is not going to work. They probably had higher ratings with K-Rock! And here come the format suggestions, me first..... LONG LIVE ROCK!

92.3 as K-Rock

I agree however make 92.3 K-Rock like New Rock 101.9 or Radio 104.5 in Philly. Leaning Active Rock doesn't work. Active Rock is dead across America. Alternative is hot right now.

They need MUSIC change, not a name change! The constant repeat of top hits 3x an hour, their identity crisis flips everyday, and no variety of gold, recurrents, or some dance/EDM remixes and hits. 5 years and not a dent to Z100, and on other days they sound like KTU, Hot97, Power, and PLJ combined!

CBS never spent the time or money to invest in WNOW as they did in KAMP in Los Angeles. The stations both went on the air around the same time in order to compete with the 2 top CHRs in the 2 top markets. KAMP has been a success in the LA market and WNOW, while it cumes well, not so much. If CBS rebrands it as AMP it seems like they are now prepared to sell it as a national brand "AMP" such as Cumulus did with Nash. Nash's success as a national brand remains to be seen and locally we see that Nash's ratings are less than stellar so I would tread lightly if I were CBS. With WNOW we might see less local programming which would definitely nix any possibility of them becoming more EDM friendly. They have also discontinued their mix shows on weekdays perhaps in preparation of the revamp.

With their rhythmic lean I have always thought that NOW was well positioned to take a bite out of Clear Channels Z100 and KTU but that never happened.

Setting aside whatever national branding they intend to do, I believe there is room for 2 CHRs. Perhaps with better execution and becoming somewhat of a leader in new music they can actually do what they were intended to do.

Last edited:
If CBS rebrands it as AMP it seems like they are now prepared to sell it as a national brand "AMP" such as Cumulus did with Nash.

CBS does not have enough CHRs in enough markets to be a national brand. It takes a presence in many, many markets to buyers of unwired network spot to consider you a "national brand".

CBS only has 11 mainstream CHRs. It has 4 rhythmic CHRs including the more urban leaning WPGC.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom