• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Birmingham Winter '14 Nielsens

These were released today. As far as 12+ numbers go...

Jamz is back up again; Kiss is down. WERC-FM takes a hit, but WAPI is up slightly (where did the WERC-FM audience go??) I suppose the former WAPI-FM listeners have finally settled into their new home of 1070, although they weren't too keen on the idea of their favorite station moving exclusively to the AM dial. WZZK, The Q and the Eagle are up as well, as well as WMJJ-HD2, also known as "104.1, The Beat". The Vibe continues to continue its "up one book and down the next dance" . Hallelujah 105.1 (WERC-HD2) is down quite a bit, after rising in the last couple of books. Many of the other stations are slightly up or down. The biggest surprise is that WEZZ "Easy 97.3" continues its climb, actually overtaking WMJJ, :O albeit a very small lead..why is anybody's guess, as Easy 97.3 is probably the worst programmed traditional soft AC I've ever heard. I suppose WEZZ's continued rise demonstrates that listeners really do settle for the "lowest common denominator" when it comes to radio programming. Of course, these are just the 12+ number and don't really don't matter much in the grand scheme of things, in comparison to the actual demos. I imagine "Easy's" demos are skewing quite a bit older, given the lack of any post-1990 music on the station. I know WDUV in Tampa and WFEZ in Miami both air some post-1990 music, and their demos skew fairly old, so I imagine WEZZ's age demos are even older than WDUV and WFEZ's. Case in point: I am 45 years old and don't really care for the station's "interpretation" of the format, since it is programmed quite differently than most traditional soft AC's out there, such as Iheartradio's "Sunny Radio", which is what I typically listen to for soft AC. However, my dad really enjoys Easy 97.3 and he is 74 years old! WYDE-FM continues to hover just below a 1.0 share...Crawford, please put the "Superstation" out of its misery, lol. Birmingham Mountain Radio (WEZZ-FM HD2) finally makes a show in the ratings, settling in between WENN-AM (Y'all) and the new "Jox2" WJQX. I guess that Crawford is glad that Cumulus now has WJQX since WYDE-FM no longer has to endure the embarrassment of being at the "bottom of the barrell", lol.

Here's the link to the Winter '14 Nielsens (it is so strange to call them "Nielsens" now and not Arbitrons) ;)

http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb095

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom