• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

if you want to hear ctcam full time try this

Thats it, I have had it with WPHT, every night after the Phillies games they air Hannity. When Hannity was on 106.9, he was aired at his live, normal time, 3-6PM. These morons at WPHT air him from 9-12PM, the Phillies play almost every night, thus Hannity comes on after the games and CTCAM is pre-emptied, the last few weeks its been every night. Last night was no exception, in fact CTCAM was not even aired, Hannity was over so late. With all this going on, do you think CBS would move all the talk over to that waste of a signal WIP, and leave the sports and Phillies to WPHT. Who the heck is listening to syndicated sports talk at midnight, with all the other lousy sports outlets in this market. I found a great station KNWZ, from Palm Desert on line, they air CTCAM every night at its normal time and on weekends they air old Art Bell shows from 6PM until CTCAM starts. Its a shame all the suits in this market think these people are sports crazy and want to have multiple stations airing this crap. How can Premier allow WPHT to mess with their shows, I think something should be done on their part, either air the show full time or give it up.

knewsHeaderLOGO.png

Last edited:
I actually agree. It's a shame that CBS has Phillies baseball on 2 stations and they have sports program on a 3rd that no one is listening to. They could at least move the preempted talk programming from 1210 over to 610 or air the Phillies on 610 and preempt the CBS Sports programming that is getting no listeners. They don't even move WIP-FM's programming over to 610 during the Phillies.

At least with streaming stations over the internet or even satellite radio, there are many other options than 1210 for talk. If you want to listen to Hannity live from 3-6 you can with the web or satellite.

I also don't like that Flyers games are moved over to WMMR when the Sixers are playing on 97.5. GM should have kept 950 for this but, everybody needs to be on FM now so GM needs to put them on one of their remaining 3 music stations.

I also agree, leave sports and live game events to the CBS Sacred Cow 1210. Put all talk on the blowtorch signal of WIP in their respective time slots. WIP should of also picked up Levin and all the departed IQ hosts, who the hell is listening to yet more boring sports talk.

Last time I checked this was a board of free speech, you don't like the posts don't read or add your stupid, meaningless comments to them. I always thought radio was a free service and you could listen with a normal radio, yes a radio to any program you choose. Why do I have to spend extra money to buy satellite or get on the internet to listen to programs that other parts of the nation can hear for free full time.

Thats it, I have had it with WPHT, every night after the Phillies games they air Hannity. When Hannity was on 106.9, he was aired at his live, normal time, 3-6PM. These morons at WPHT air him from 9-12PM, the Phillies play almost every night, thus Hannity comes on after the games and CTCAM is pre-emptied, the last few weeks its been every night. Last night was no exception, in fact CTCAM was not even aired, Hannity was over so late. With all this going on, do you think CBS would move all the talk over to that waste of a signal WIP, and leave the sports and Phillies to WPHT. Who the heck is listening to syndicated sports talk at midnight, with all the other lousy sports outlets in this market. I found a great station KNWZ, from Palm Desert on line, they air CTCAM every night at its normal time and on weekends they air old Art Bell shows from 6PM until CTCAM starts. Its a shame all the suits in this market think these people are sports crazy and want to have multiple stations airing this crap. How can Premier allow WPHT to mess with their shows, I think something should be done on their part, either air the show full time or give it up.

View attachment 240
I would call CBS radio president Dan Mason's office and address this if I was you. 212.649.9600

I also agree, leave sports and live game events to the CBS Sacred Cow 1210. Put all talk on the blowtorch signal of WIP in their respective time slots. WIP should of also picked up Levin and all the departed IQ hosts, who the hell is listening to yet more boring sports talk.

People who like sports, perhaps. They might also ask who listens to yet more boring political talk, or tin-foil hat stuff in the wee hours. It's all a matter of perspective.

I would call CBS radio president Dan Mason's office and address this if I was you. 212.649.9600

Yeah, I'm sure they'll get right on that format change from a call to the president's office.

I've told you before. Radio people make fun of calls from listeners playing PD.

Please. You seem like a nice guy. Stop worrying about this station. It's damaged beyond repair and the ratings are still good. It's not changing.

Yeah, I'm sure they'll get right on that format change from a call to the president's office.

I've told you before. Radio people make fun of calls from listeners playing PD.

Please. You seem like a nice guy. Stop worrying about this station. It's damaged beyond repair and the ratings are still good. It's not changing.

as far as I'm concerned, 1210 is dead to me. I will not listen to it anymore, after tonight. The station is driving me nuts

After last night I sent a text to George Noory he gets them all, he responded and said they are looking into it he is not happy about this blowtourch not airing his show full time...text him he answers all personally but you have to text; email does not get to him all the time and he gets too many, you can also skype him...let him know..the problem is if they unload 1210 who will pick up the show.

Who will pick it up? No one in the city. There's nowhere for it to go.

After last night I sent a text to George Noory he gets them all, he responded and said they are looking into it he is not happy about this blowtourch not airing his show full time...text him he answers all personally but you have to text; email does not get to him all the time and he gets too many, you can also skype him...let him know..the problem is if they unload 1210 who will pick up the show.
The syndication company that does that show ought to drop Rush , Hannity and CTCAM from 1210 WPHT. That would send CBS a message that we will not tolerate this.

The syndication company that does that show ought to drop Rush , Hannity and CTCAM from 1210 WPHT. That would send CBS a message that we will not tolerate this.

Unless you own Sid company, there is no "we." "They" however are making money, which is kind of the entire point.

It would be nice but where would they go, if there was a local station in the market that was thirsting to pick them up then they can bargain and put the pressure on, if not they just have to deal with this pre-emptying until they find another outlet or source. Its a shame that flea powered 1450 from Wilmington just does not make it up this far. WIP would be the ideal outlet for them all at their regular times.

CBS could clear all the syndicated talk programming on 610 and do the live / local stuff on 1210 with the Phillies there too. They could even move the Eagles over to 1210. If they ran the same syndicated lineup on 610 that 106.9 was running they might get more people listening to 610. Move the CBS sports programming over to WIP HD-3. Move Phillies 24/7 over to WIP HD-4 and MySP over to WOGL HD-3.
I think this would make everyone happy except the very few listening to CBS sports talk on 610 now.

Last edited:
If CBS is going to run one essentially all satellite station, why would they pick someone else's content instead of their own network?

"Few" people are listening to 1210 or 610. "Few" listened to 106.9. So no matte how you slice it, a few people just aren't going to be happy. Such is life.

CBS could clear all the syndicated talk programming on 610 and do the live / local stuff on 1210 with the Phillies there too. They could even move the Eagles over to 1210. If they ran the same syndicated lineup on 610 that 106.9 was running they might get more people listening to 610. Move the CBS sports programming over to WIP HD-3. Move Phillies 24/7 over to WIP HD-4 and MySP over to WOGL HD-3.
I think this would make everyone happy except the very few listening to CBS sports talk on 610 now.

It would not make the people responsible for selling air time on CBS Sports Radio happy, and I suspect they have a lot of clout.

The most likely change to occur at 610: Some preacher shows up with a bucket of a cash. Just like 950.
The most likely change to occur at 1210. Same.

That would be the way to go, all the former programing on IQ should of wound up on WIP. The ratings had IQ doing much better with the talk than WIP with this syndicated sports. But when you have a waste of a side channel airing the Phillies 24-7 even during blizzards (WOGL-HD-4); you know these programmers are infacuated with sports. BTW does anyone really listen to WOGL-HD-4.

CBS Radio owns WIP-AM/FM and WPHT. CBS Radio makes money from 610 WIP carrying the CBS Sports Radio Network in Philly, even if they don't sell a dime of local spots, as they clear both markets #8 Philly and market # 78 Wilmington [610 sends a solid signal into the Wilmington Metro] thus affecting what the network can charge to air national spots on CBS Sports Radio. Low overhead, easy money.

The bigger question is, would WIP-AM sell enough local avails airing Rush/Beck/Hannity/etc [not CBS Radio network programming so CBS gets no money from airing these shows they pay], to make up the loss of revenue they make by simply allowing 610 to be on the bird airing CBS Radio Network programming? Apparently not or CBS would be already doing what you guys want. Follow the money. It's all about the money. Former FM talker WWIQ 106.9 apparently couldn't make enough money through local avails airing those national talkers or they wouldn't have closed up shop and sold that FM station to K-Love. AM 1210 has already been there and done that, so why would it be better for AM 610 now? It's all about making the most money for their stock holders. So if CBS Radio can make more money having 610 WIP air CBS Sports Radio than Rush/Hannity/Beck, etc, then that's what it will be.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom