• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

JIM ZIPPO exits KLUV to devote full time energies to WW1's GOOD TIME OLDIES...

(From Jim Zippo on Facebook)

Join me tonight on my LAST night show from 7p-11p CT on 98.7 KLUV!!!! Tonight's show will be a lot of fun, so please tune in!

I've enjoyed the last seven years there, but my primary focus is the new nationally syndicated Westwood One GOOD TIME OLDIES format that launches one week from today. Full time dress rehearsals begin TOMORROW to get ready for the launch. Good Time Oldies replaces the Scott Shannon’s True Oldies Channel and you will be able to hear me nationwide once again in Morning Drive!!!

KLUV has asked me to continue to assist with weekends and fill ins so you can still hear on KLUV, just not to the same degree.

Sincere thanks to KLUV for these past many years, but it truly is exciting to be moving on.... back where I once fertilized the Roots of Rock'n Roll to a national audience.

I look forward to you joining me on WW1's GOOD TIME OLDIES! Join our Open FB Group to get all the inside scoop and updates of this new and already widely accepted format. Yeah baby...get ready to squeeze those Fuzzy Dice!! We're gonna ROCK IT!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/513281232115939/

‪#‎greatmusic‬ ‪#‎themostfun‬ ‪#‎jimzippo‬

Last edited:
When does John Summers exit? He is still listed on the KLUV site.

Well, they (KLUV) urgently called Jim back in to voice track tonight's show as they haven't filled the night show yet. It may take a few days for KLUV to figure that out. Jim will do occasional fill in work for KLUV... as time permits for him.

Kluv Jhon Summers Out

Jhon Summers at kluv is out and Blake Powers form 103.7 is on in his afternoon show?

Jim Zippo exits

Jhon Summers is no longer on kluv I thought that Jim Zippo was going to exit kluv?

Hang on.

You're telling me that Summers has quit KLUV to do voice tracking for an un-proven format that Culumus isn't even sure they're going to continue? I find that difficult to believe. Why would Summers leave a steady job for something that's no better than a test run? And I can't believe that Cumulus is paying him more than CBS. Maybe some fact checking is in order here.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom