• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Columbus March 2014 PPMs

A few surprises this time, although without being able to see some of the key stations it’s harder to guess what might be going on aside from statistical noise.

CD102.5 has been topping 106.7 for quite awhile, but in March things flipped with 106.7 rising from 2.3 to 2.9, and CD1025 dropping from 3.0 to 1.8.

WOSU had a nice bump, from 2.3 to 2.8. Two months ago it was at 2.1.

While it’s too early to tell for sure, the March indicator is positive for WODC’s move from 60s-70s Oldies to 60s-80s Classic Hits just before the ratings month, as it trended 5.3 -> 4.9 -> 5.4. The top three that we can see are again WNCI, WCOL and WCKX, although the latter has been trending down 6.6 -> 6.2 -> 5.6. WTVN lost part of the 1-point gain it had in February, dropping down to 5.0. That’s still better than their rather-dismal performance in the second half of 2013, but far short of the kinds of numbers they would get a couple years ago.

Both full-power rock stations dipped. The trend of WLVQ has been 5.0 -> 4.6 -> 4.3, while the Blitz has gone 4.7 -> 4.7 -> 4.0

Jack-FM is not doing well. The trend is 1.8 -> 1.4 -> 1.1. Just a few possible reasons could include the change at 93.3, inroads from Rewind (if indeed that has happened…we can’t see the numbers), the fact that it isn’t locally programmed as Jack 98.9 was, changes in the music, or ??? (i.e., none of the above). It would be easier to write off the format as not working here were it not for Jack 98.9′s extrapolated 4 share in its last month before Salem turned into that big (IMO) waste of a signal, the Answer.

WOSU had a nice bump, from 2.3 to 2.8. Two months ago it was at 2.1.

I expect to see this one likely go higher -- Pub News Talker NPR stations seem to be on the rise across the country (Portland saw one of their NPR stations take the top spot.. While I don't see that happening here.. I could easily see WOSU-FM hit a 3.0.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom