• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Touch FM shut down by Feds

Fenway1912

Leading Participant
Last edited:
Touch FM

Some Boston politicians appeared on Touch FM and may have protected it in some way although it was violating Federal law. Perhaps the new Mayor gave the Feds the go-ahead to crack down on the pirate.

No license, not legal, no excuses.Feds looked the other way for years.Were they also making money illegally with this? We have legit broadcasters who will sell or grant them airtime (at WMWM for example we let on some Hispanic shows to serve the community) or they can get together and buy or lease a station. They could have brokered time on WILD and maybe put on programming that isn't at 20 per cent volume.

Touch FM backed the wrong horse in the Mayor's race. Clemons should have stayed neutral and you can be sure Walsh is behind this.

http://westroxbury.patch.com/groups/john-r-connollys-blog/p/charles-clemons-endorsement_83312736

I know the current thinking is that the mayor has some sort of control over whether TouchFM is allowed to live or die...but I don't by it.

I don't think this has anything to do with the Mayor's office. The Mayor's office does not control the FCC Commissions nor their enforcement bureau.

I rarely buy into conspiracy theories.

I know the current thinking is that the mayor has some sort of control over whether TouchFM is allowed to live or die...but I don't by it.

I don't think this has anything to do with the Mayor's office. The Mayor's office does not control the FCC Commissions nor their enforcement bureau.

I rarely buy into conspiracy theories.

I was told that Menino asked Greater Media not to complain as the FCC won't act until a broadcaster complains and WROR (105.7) is affected.

I was told that Menino asked Greater Media not to complain as the FCC won't act until a broadcaster complains and WROR (105.7) is affected.

And if you know the people who run Gr Media...do you think they would stop from doing something that would help them financially?

Gr. Media prides themselves in having and maintaining the best facilities and signals that they can have.....I don't think they need to take orders from Menino.

When is the blantant racist ‘Brother’ Charles Clemons going to play the race card, if he did not do it already. I can never understand how the 30 largest cities in America have over 70 percent of the dial playing all Black music and catering to Blacks, yet they still complain of being underserved..

"I can never understand how the 30 largest cities in America have over 70 percent of the dial playing all Black music and catering to Blacks"

They don't.

Where are all the Bundy Ranchers?

I thought that we were against the federal government raiding personal property?

"Clemons for Mayor!"

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...n-community/FwUAmBjkW314GNH9nJ7RlO/story.html

>>In the past two days, authorities put the lid on TOUCH 106.1 FM and two other stations in Dorchester and Brockton, said Christina Sterling, spokeswoman for the US attorney. Authorities said little about the other stations, but confirmed they opened a previous case against TOUCH and its founder, Charles L. Clemons Jr., after receiving a complaint last year that Clemons was using his station to promote his unsuccessful 2013 mayoral bid.

As I said on another board I'll bet you dollars to donuts that it'll be back on before the end of the month.

All he has to do is buy another transmitter and antenna. Then it starts again.

They are streaming and they are pissed. I just heard someone talking over the program saying, "test, test, 106.1FM"

touchfm.org

http://www.insideradio.com/Article.asp?id=2780738#sthash.vtERb5oP.uxfs

>>Clemons, a former police officer, defended the breaking of the law explaining his station was filling a void that local licensed stations weren’t filling in the African American community. He now plans to go after a low-power FM pointing out he marched 712 miles to Washington in 2009 to support efforts that ultimately won an expansion of the service. “We’re going to go through the legal channels,” Clemons said.

(As if there are any avail in Boston--that 103.7 religious station could have been a possibility...and there were a bunch of LPFM permits that are in the works...)

As a Boston resident for many years. I had little use for Menino on several levels. Turning a blind eye towards pirates was but one issue I had with his administration. This Clemons guy is one major piece of work. Let him make big rocks into little rocks for a few years, behind bars. Throw the book at him. This politically correct nonsense needs to go away. Now.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom