• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

CBS Radio news should be on KYW-AM someday

J

Jul

I think its time for KYW to follow the lead of the other CBS O and O news radio stations and carry CBS news TOH newscasts on a 24/7 basis as well as airing 60 Minutes on Sundays and change the broadcast schedule around. I think that KYW as it is now needs a makeover .

It'd be nice if 'PHT could at least carry the CBS TOH... though I do wish 1060 would take the WCBS 880 route and slow things down a bit. Ssssssso many commercials. Too damn many.

Actually, KYW should provide local updates on 1210 and direct people to 1060 should they want more news. WPHT is the talk station. KWY is the news station. Very distinct.

Personally, I always preferred the Group W all news format. KYW should go back and stick to it more closely.
What's most important should lead the hour. 50 years ago, maybe network newscasts made sense. Not any longer. Any radio station - heck anybody with a smartphone - has access to the same material a network news operation has. Separate national-local news is an artificial and meaningless distinction. Newspapers put top stories on the front page - wherever those stories originate. Top of the hour is radio's front page and that's where all top stories belong.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom