• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KOOL 94.5 Timeline (PLEASE FEEL FREE TO REVISE)

thebeach33445

Leading Participant
Hey Guys:

After doing research I think I have come up with a timeline for 94.5 FM. Your thoughts are welcomed.

1. May 1, 1956 KOOL-94.5 Simulcast KOOL 960 MOR STDS

2. March 4, 1968 KOOL 94.5 MOR/Stds (AUTO-IGM)

3. _________1971 KOOL-94.5 Top 40 (Auto) Could anybody tell me that exact date of even month this happened?

4. December 26, 1972 KOOL-94.5 Oldies

5. September 1977 KOOL 94.5 MOR/AC (I think it was the end of September or the beginning of October??)

6. September 2, 1985 KOOL-94.5 Oldies

If you guys would like to add anything please feel free to do so.

Thanks

T.J.

Hey Guys:

Would anybody know when Dan Coffey (aka Jerry Osborne) started at KOOL FM doing his oldies request show at night?

Thanks

T.J.

Before 1985 KOOL-FM was part oldies/part AC

Yes, I'm glad somebody else recalls that. I find it ironic that they now play oldies in 2014 that were once in rotation as currents pre 1985. It seems that perhaps they stopped this when KOPA flipped to KSLX around the same time. If I recall correctly, when KSLX launched, they leaned more oldies than Classic Rock. Then later they shifted to "The Man's Station." Very comical promos too!

Hey Guys:

After doing more research and added the comments from others on the board I think I have come up with a new timeline for 94.5 FM. Your thoughts are welcomed.

1. May 1, 1956 KOOL-94.5 Simulcast KOOL 960 MOR STDS

2. March 4, 1968 KOOL 94.5 MOR/Stds (AUTO-IGM)

3. August 17, 1970 KOOL-94.5 Top 40 (Auto)

4. September 1971 KOOL-FM 94.5 Top 40 (Auto), Oldies Saturday-Sunday 6pm-12mid DJ Dan Coffey (All Request Show)

5. _____________End of 1971 KOOL-FM 94.5 Top 40 (Auto), Oldies Monday-Sunday 6pm-12mid DJ Dan Coffey (All Request Show)

6. ____________1972 KOOL-94.5 Oldies (Thinking sometime in July) Going by the KOOL FM Top 40 Survey.

7. September 1977 KOOL 94.5 MOR/AC/Oldies (I think it was the end of September or the beginning of October??)

8. September 2, 1985 KOOL-94.5 Oldies

If you guys would like to add anything please feel free to do so. I am waiting on a response from David Eduardo. He was in Phoenix at this time and remembers KOOL FM being oldies in 1972. I am trying to find out when he was in Phoenix in 1972 to round down the month in 1972 that KOOL changed to A FULL OLDIES format.

Thanks

T.J.

Wouldn't the in-house expert on KOOL be user 'kool listener lauren'?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom