• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The other board

rjt45

Frequent Participant
Is it just me, or has the guy that runs that other board turned into a somewhat nasty opinionated know it all jerk?

Is that a change? :))

In his defense, he has to deal with a lot of people who simply don't understand radio. Then again, he's a dentist. He drills people for a living!

Is that a change? :))

In his defense, he has to deal with a lot of people who simply don't understand radio. Then again, he's a dentist. He drills people for a living!

which is why when I found out his history, and his lack of REAL experience .......I couldn't help but laugh out loud every time I read his one of his posts. He DOES have a way of sounding like he knows the ins and outs of the industry....like he visits radio stations each week to find out all the inner workings and gossip. without ever spending more than a year behind the mic, let alone a week. He's no more an insider than the rest of us.

Someone on another forum posted a description of this behavior pretty well. I wish I could remember the exact quote. But it was in reference to how people on the internet now become 'Mini Celebrities' in their own little world. and when that happens,they tend to get a little full of themselves... that seems to be the case here ;o).

which is why when I found out his history, and his lack of REAL experience .......

The thing about him is that running that board has brought him in touch with lots of people who DO have experience. He's been schooled by the best. And I find I don't disagree with him often. Although I don't post there. If I did, I'd have to give my name...then I'd have to kill him. :) But I like him, and if I had need for dental work, I'd give him a call.

I've been hearing about the "other" board for years that is operated and manage by the "good" dentist; however, I have no idea where to find the board in question. Would someone "in the know" kindly post a link to the "dental radio" board or PM me with the link. Thank you.

I've been hearing about the "other" board for years that is operated and manage by the "good" dentist; however, I have no idea where to find the board in question. Would someone "in the know" kindly post a link to the "dental radio" board or PM me with the link. Thank you.

http://musicradio77.com/wwwboard/

I only look at this board & other boards to see who has died.
And look at job openings on All Access.

He has done some good things for the community of radio professionals and broadcast enthusiasts. His Rewound radio is excellent. The best thing that he's done in my opinion is to give Bob RAdil's 60s 70s show a home after it was dropped by a New Haven station.

He has done some good things for the community of radio professionals and broadcast enthusiasts.

He'd like you to believe that, but when you set yourself up as an expert in a business that you really have no knowledge of in today's world you do everyone a disservice. The world of broadcasting has changed and the companies that own 600 radio stations have changed the reality for folks working in the business today and he has never worked under that and sorry but he has no understanding of what people working in radio today must do to survive.

there's a fine line between healthy self esteem & arrogant ego.

Is that really any different from here? Lots of people who wouldn't know which end of a mic to speak into spouting their opinions like they're experts.
I'm not so sure being in the business is a necessary requisite for expressing an opinion ... provided the opinion is well founded and articulately expressed. There are plenty of people in the business who probably shouldn't be. If every insider knew everything and did everything right every station would be #1. ;-) Radio insiders might do well to listen to the opinions of outsiders on boards like these.

I thought the "other board" was http://www.radioinsight.com. Sniffle's board is no comparison - and not a real alternative.

In all fairness, his site has a lot of good material on Musicradio 77 (RIP) but as a radio forum, it's nothing.

I'm not so sure being in the business is a necessary requisite for expressing an opinion ... provided the opinion is well founded and articulately expressed.

Wrong in my opinion. Radio is not the business it was during the glory days of WABC. Looking at what's happening today using yesterday's standards is not an option. The business has changed. Judging folks based of the 1970s is not an option for those working today. Understanding that comes from working in today's business.

What I've found in reading opinions from people not in the business is they want radio to serve their personal taste. People in radio know that's impossible. Alan also understands that.

Let's agree to disagree. I do hear however he's not a bad dentist. Who's up for starting the NY Dental Board?

Wrong in my opinion. Radio is not the business it was during the glory days of WABC. Looking at what's happening today using yesterday's standards is not an option. The business has changed. Judging folks based of the 1970s is not an option for those working today. Understanding that comes from working in today's business.

What I've found in reading opinions from people not in the business is they want radio to serve their personal taste. People in radio know that's impossible. Alan also understands that.

Those are generalizations. Yes, there are posters who view today's radio through the prism of decades ago and posters who think today's radio should sound just like their iPod. That's also true for some of the "pros." But so what? In the end all of this is OPINION. People here (and there) are posting comments on a message board not applying to run a radio station. Think of these forums as "suggestion boxes." Suggestions from an outside perspective can be quite useful to managers with an open mind.

I consider it a feather in my cap( not that i wear one) when he took away my password a few years back because I had scooped him ( and his board) on a person's arrest. I even put up a link to my post but he didn't like that. I got my best laugh last year when the dentist and ted david , real name ted glucksman, aka: Frank the Radio Critic had their back and forth pee match and glucksman said he was never coming back. Just 2 old jewish guys airing their dirty laundry.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom