• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

One Factor Driving Pandora Media (P) Stock Up Today

there seems to be a very unclear future for Internet Radio these days what with all the rises in royalties. However for independent broadcasters I think we may have some light. Some of you know about DjcMedia which uses AdsWizz, and now that Radionomy bought out Shoutcast and is already adding their stations to the Shoutcast directory it will allow stations to concentrate on the music as they will have legal Royalty coverage allowing the Dj's to concentrate on their stations instead of licensing and bandwidth costs. You still have to try and promote your station and be sure to schedule the ad triggering files but I do feel that this could compete with regular Radio and really add a more diverse listening experience that could compete with the automated jukebox's like Pandora which in my opinion is NOT Radio but yet an auto loading list of Mp3's.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom