• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

RIP Captain Herb Emory

Met Herb back in the early 90s when I worked at Atlanta Communications servicing helicopter traffic packs. A really great guy.. true Southern Gentleman.. RIP Herb

Captain Herb passed on doing what he loved: helping others. That is a way to go, with honor.
When I get off this morning, it is not going to be the same drive home without hearing his unique always upbeat (for some of the WORST traffic in the nation) delivery.

I also got a chance to meet him back in 2006 working the Salute to America Parade. As was said by Ross Cavitt in a TV interview last night, he made you feel like you were on top of the world, did not matter if you were the Governor himself or a floor sweeper.

He will be much missed, and Atlanta drive time traffic reports will not be the same. I always listened to his WSB traffic reports when driving down I-85 from SC to Atlanta. So I would know of any potential problems ahead. Very personable and informative. In fact, he was one of the main personalities that represented WSB, along with Clark Howard and the now retired Neil Boortz.

Can you imagine the consequences if this event occurred while he was in the air?
I thought he was 2 or 3 years ahead of me but it appears he's 1 year behind. I remember coming to the market and he was working for WQXI. Then they decided to go in a different direction and he lucked out and landed the job with WSB.
He's the THIRD radio person I've known to pass in recent years.
First there was Dean Hallam (WYAY, Moby in the Morning) died at 56.
Jennifer Weiner (WBCQ , 8675309 Jenny program) died at 58.
A shame they never got one cent of their social security they paid in.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom