• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

1300 Terre Haute

busterluck

Frequent Participant
Surprise. Midwest Communications has 1300 back on the air at full power and a lot better signal than it had in the past. New format, talk radio. good audio, the best 1300 has sounded in 20 years!

From what I've read, WIBQ will only be there briefly. Once Midwest turns 1230 back on, WIBQ moves there and 1300 will be "turned in" at the FCC.

With the talk format moving to AM, 98.5 has relaunched as AC WBOW. Listened online briefly last night. Sounds good - a few segues were a bit loose. Is Steve Cannon / Steve King formerly of WGLD / WJJK Indpls still Ops for Midwest in TH?

When did this occur?

Good that the market has a straight AC again. Fans of WIBQ will find the AM signal to meet their needs well.

I Wish I Could Agree!

Good that the market has a straight AC again. Fans of WIBQ will find the AM signal to meet their needs well.

The night signal of 1230 still needs improvement. Maybe this is why Mike Rice 20 years ago applied for 640 Khz., recently hijacked by Birach Broadcasting.

Was the signal on 1300 really that much more inferior to 1230? I was able to get 1300 pretty decently west of Indianapolis to Danville, IL on I 74. 1230 gets ripped to shreds in that area now due to 1230 in Logansport.

I remember when 1300 am was WAAC radio. I worked there for a year.(1978-79)
The format was the entertainers from RADIO ARTS.

When I worked at WAAC it was a daytime only station. Which put it behind the 8-ball. I put in a lot of hours there.

CP Issued to WIBQ on 1230 Khz.

Midwest Communications had to turn in 1300 KHz. because they would have owned more than 5 stations in a 100 mile radius. Good news for WIBQ. A CP has been issued to Midwest on a translator for 97.9 MHz. under the AM Revitalization program. The power will be 250 watts from 400 feet on the WMGI tower in a West Terre Haute. This will help WIBQ and their news/talk programming on 1230 KHz.

Last edited:
WIBQ's COL is Paris, IL, is it not? Where is the tower for the AM?

Agree, the translator won't hurt.

1300 put in a very listenable signal at night of the far west side of Indy, around Eagle Creek. Not bad for 80 watts.

Just rechecked the FCC Info search site, their night power was 58 watts. 1310 was not very audible at night.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom